Senior Technical Support Specialist
Title: Senior Technical Support Specialist
Department: Client Support Services
Type: Full-time, salaried, paid vacation, training (Google Certifications)
Why Work For Us
Business Cloud is a Google Cloud Partner and a managed technology service provider (MSP) supporting small and medium-sized organizations across Canada. We are a fast-growing, customer-focused company that prides itself on being up-to-date with the latest technological trends and ideas. Our focus is implementing cloud-first business technology so that our clients can work in reliable, secure, and efficient environments, without worrying about the infrastructure that makes this possible. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but passion for what we do is what links us together. If you believe you are the right fit for this position, please apply and tell us why you’re the best candidate for this role.
As the Senior Technical Support Specialist, you will be the main point of contact for client issues, act as a first responder in support situations, and coordinate with your colleagues in order to solve problems.
As a senior member, you'll be an escalation point for junior support team members. You will also coordinate with Sales and Account Management to build solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor all support queues, act on technical problems, and resolve client issues
- Triage calls and intake emails as required
- Contribute to internal knowledge base, and follow protocols to ensure accuracy
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues both in-person and remotely
- Develop skills by participating in regular training sessions and certification exams
- Train customers on how to make better use of the technology we support
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Other duties as required
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of a College Diploma in Information Technology or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support environment or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A dedication to customer service
- Advanced computer skills including: setup, troubleshooting, and optimization
- Advanced knowledge of the G Suite set of products: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc
- Familiarity with Windows Server and computer networking
- Familiarity with a variety of computer hardware and software, including mobile devices, printers, and other peripherals
- Ability to effectively document processes and create Knowledge Base articles
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, and work in a fast-paced environment with the utmost attention to detail
- Ability to travel within the GTHA (Greater Toronto Hamilton Area) regularly and across Canada on occasion
Ideal Skills and Competencies
- Experience in a multi-tenant environment supporting multiple organizations with technology
- CMNA, CCNA or equivalent certifications
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of DNS, DHCP and Domains
- Experience with migrating email and files to G Suite and Office 365
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Active Directory and on-prem Active Directory
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Linux Servers, including cPanel
- Experience building and configuring networks
- Experience with business grade networking equipment including Cisco Meraki, Ubiquiti, and Datto.
- Experience with configuring and managing backup and BCDR systems
- Experience using ticketing platforms such as Zendesk
- Cybersecurity training and experience
- Did we mention fantastic customer service skills?
- $40,000 - $60,000 annually (salaried)
How To Apply
Please fill out the application form attached to this posting with your current resume, a cover letter, and your availability. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Friday, August 14, 2020