Our client is recruiting highly qualified, native English speaking, primary teachers from the following countries, the UK, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand to fill international teaching jobs in Brunei's government schools. Typically 2-3 international primary teachers are assigned to each Brunei government school where they lead their own classes and work along side local teachers as part of the school's faculty. English is the primary language of instruction in Brunei's school system.
Brunei is a small country on the island of Borneo in the heart of South East Asia, it has a modern infrastructure, excellent medical services, a high standard of living and is very safe.
We have a number of jobs and intake sessions for new international English teachers planned for this year; June and again in September. We will also be offering jobs for international teachers to begin the new school year in January 2019.
Primary teachers with jobs in Brunei enjoy the following benefits:
- Tax free income (B$45,500 - B$78,000 / yearly)
- Free, family sized furnished accommodation (or housing allowance)
- Return airfares and baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances and completion of contract bonuses for teachers
- Heavily subsidized private education for up to two children
- Allowances for accompanying spouse and dependents
- Professional development opportunities
- Interest-free car loan
- Private group health insurance scheme plus free government health care for children under twelve
- Settling-in Allowance of B$500 per teacher
- Generous vacation and state holidays
- A degree preferably in English, Linguistics or Humanities from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, or the UK and have completed your basic and tertiary education in one of these countries
Qualified teacher status in the form of a Bachelor of Education, a Diploma of Education, a Diploma of Teaching or a Post Graduate Certificate in Education preferably for primary aged students
A minimum of three years relevant primary classroom-teaching experience
A minimum of one year's EFL / ESL experience (not essential)
A valid driver's licence