Our client is recruiting fully qualified, native English speaking, Literacy Coaches from the following countries, the UK, Ireland, Canada, South Africa, Australia, and New Zealand to mentor local and international teachers in Brunei's government schools. Typically foreign trained coaches are assigned to a school district where they engage, teach and support local and international teachers with the aim of improving participants overall teaching and classroom management skills and effectiveness. English is the primary language of instruction in Brunei's school system.
Brunei is a small country on the island of Borneo in the heart of Southeast Asia, it has a modern infrastructure, excellent medical services, a high standard of living and is very safe.
We have a number of intake sessions for new hires planned for this year; first June and again in September. We will also be looking for new hires to begin the new school year in January 2019.
Teachers enjoy the following benefits:
- Tax free income B$78,000 / year)
- Free, family sized furnished accommodation (or housing allowance)
- Return airfares and baggage allowance
- Annual flight allowances and completion of contract bonuses for teachers
- Heavily subsidized private education for up to two children
- Allowances for accompanying spouse and children
- Professional development opportunities
- Interest-free car loan
- Private group health insurance scheme plus free government health care for children under twelve
- Settling-in Allowance of B$500 per teacher and up to two accompanying children
- Generous vacation and state holidays
- A degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, or the UK and have completed your basic and tertiary education in one of these countries
Qualified teacher status in the form of a Bachelor of Education, a Diploma of Education, a Diploma of Teaching or a Post Graduate Certificate in Education preferably for secondary aged students
A strong educational sector background, preferably with some experience in an international context
Significant experience of achieving improved learning outcomes in literacy
Experience in mentoring or coaching colleagues in a school or educational context
Experience of working on an educational project to raise PISA test scores
A valid driver's licence