We are looking for a professionally qualified Native English MYP Science teacher to join the Canadian International School of Hefei (CISH). We have a teaching position for an IB experienced Middle School Science Teacher for Grades 6, 7 and 8 who can start in late August 2019. By combining a Canadian educational philosophy, an IB curriculum and training along with China's unique traditions and cultural CISH is able to offer a dynamic educational experience for both students and teachers alike.
About The Canadian International School of Hefei:
The Canadian International School (CIS), supported by the Chinese government and Canadian government, opened its first campus in Beijing in 2005. Over the past decade, CIS has a proven track record of success and won a great reputation in the diplomatic and expatriate communities. CIS is an IB World School fully authorized to deliver the International Baccalaureate program. CIS is also authorized to grant credits toward completion of New Brunswick, Canada High School Diploma for graduates to enter top universities throughout the world. CIS is proud that our graduates are granted entrance to world recognized colleges and universities throughout Canada, USA, Europe and Asia.
CISH is now pursuing its academic excellence and educational philosophy in the Hefei campus. The Canadian International School of Hefei (CISH) is committed to cultivating self-confident and self-reliant global citizens and leaders by offering a challenging internationally recognized Canadian education curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Program with an international perspective, ranging from Montessori Nursery (18 months to 3 years), Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten to Grade 12.
We are the first school in Anhui Province incorporating Smartboard technology extensively in teaching and learning activities. The technology gives the students and teachers an interactive learning tool and the capability to interact with the Internet immediately, facilitating and enhancing the learning process and knowledge base.
CISH creates secure, nurturing learning environments where students can develop the independent thinking and various skills needed for future endeavor. CISH is well-equipped with state-of-the-art facilities to serve and provide our students with the highest education standard possible, in an environment suited to healthy and well-rounded growth.
Our Ideal Teacher:
The successful candidate will be a graduate with a recognized teaching qualification. Our teachers are all well qualified to teach at their respective levels meeting Canadian certification standards or the equivalent. The ideal candidate will be a native English speaker with IB teaching experience. We value teachers that are flexible, resilient and bring a positive attitude to work each day. It's important that you understand the need to be respectful of cultural differences while bringing a global perspective to our classrooms. You will demonstrate a student-centered approach and bring leadership skills to your role. The staff is a wonderful blend of the experienced and the young. Most of our staff is recruited from Canada with a blend of teachers from Asia so that the best of both cultures is represented in our school. Our teachers have a varied background in teaching with many teachers having taught in many different countries throughout the world.
Salary Range and Benefits:
- Salary range from 170,000 to 240,000 RMB per year, after tax, which is adjusted each year according to salary scale
- Contract Extension bonuses
- Pension Subsidy (8% of the annual net salary, for experienced category employees)
- International medical insurance
- School provided accommodation (either 1 or 2 bedrooms on campus or close to the school)
- Includes 300 RMB for utilities
- Access to sports hall and pool
- Free tuition for up to 2 school age dependents in the international school
- Return airfare for you and your dependents
- Professional development opportunities
More About CISH:
At CISH we have a modern purpose-built campus that spans 70,000 square metres, comprising;
- Modern classrooms equipped with interactive Smart Board learning technology
- Outdoor Kindergarten playground
- Outdoor play areas
- A Multi-purpose sports area
- 3 science laboratories designed for Chemistry, Physics and Biology
- Indoor heated swimming pool and wading pool
- 3 Dance/exercise studios
- Fitness room
- Full size athletic field including track
- An international cafeteria, coffee shop and store
- Piano rooms
- Large, double gymnasium
Multi-use Space at CISH: