Matrix Global Schools in Malaysia is looking for a Secondary, Key Stage 3 and 4 Drama / English Teacher. Performing Arts are considered a key pillar and focus at Matrix. Both the Drama and Music Departments are greatly supported by the students, the faculty and the school's administration. Each May the school puts on a major theatrical production, involving students from both the International and Private Schools. The successful IGCSE Teacher will lead the Drama Department and work closely with the school's accomplished Music Department to present their annual Stage Production in the school's impressive 300 seat auditorium. In recent years Matrix has staged productions of Momma Mia, Fame and Oliver. What would you like to showcase next?
We are looking for a qualified IGCSE teacher with experience teaching English and Drama. But more than that, we are looking for a Theater Lover with experience producing and directing highly professional secondary theatrical productions. At Matrix it's not enough to simply put on a basic secondary school production. The expectation is to present something special each year that highlights the skills, dedication and hard work of the talented student body. If you have a record to producing exceptional high school musicals and plays, then we'd like to hear from you.
We Are Looking For:
In addition to a love of the stage and for performing, the successful teacher will be responsible for Key Stage 3 (Y7-9) Drama and Key Stage 4 (Y10-11) IGCSE Drama. In addition, you will be required to teach Key Stage 3 and/or Key Stage 4 English. All applicants should have a relevant degree, teaching qualifications, such as GCSE or IB Drama teaching experience, and of course experience in directing of school productions. Most of Matrix's student are second language learners. As such, experience as an ESL teacher would be welcome. Public speaking / debating; choir directing and any other subject teaching experience at A-level is also valued.
About The School:
Matrix Global School, Malaysia is located in Seremban, the capital of Negeri Sembilan province. For information about the surrounding area / town visit: https://www.sendayan.com.my/
The Matrix Campus spans 20 acres and current has approx. 715 students. Experience more about life at Matrix by viewing this video - Click HERE
What can you expect?
- Students who are tremendously motivated and enjoy coming to school
- An atmosphere that allows you to do what you are trained to do, teach rather than control
- Working with highly qualified energetic colleagues
- Working with supportive parents who value education
- A forward-looking school that believes in continuous improvement and gives you opportunities to innovate
- Excellent facilities and generally resourced curriculum in a relatively new building
- A wide range of co-curricular activities.
- The opportunity to travel extensively and experience the beauty of Malaysia and Asia
Salary and Benefits:
An excellent package of benefits is on offer, including:
- RM$10,000 to RM$15,000 per month based on years of experience
- Two-year renewable contract (extended each year by agreement)
- Housing allowance of RM$1,500.00 per month
- Medical, dental benefits and hospitalization (surgical) insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Personal accident insurance coverage
- Flight tickets at the beginning and end of contract for you and your dependents to and from home country
- Malaysia work permit fees borne by company
- Excess baggage allowance of RM$1,000.00
- Employee Pension Fund contributions equal to 12% of your basic salary - contribution made by the school.
- School fees waiver of 100% for first child, 50% for second child and 25% for third child
- Membership at d’Tempat Country Club
- Support for professional development
Please apply now or email us at Teachers@byronrecruitment.com
Visit our Open Roles page to look at all the great teaching opportunities we have across Asia and around the world. Click HERE