Position: 3 Ton Driver
Required by: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Rate of Pay: As per CBA
Schedule: Various – MUST BE FLEXIBLE
With locations across Western Canada, Canada Cartage System is a recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace.
Canada Cartage is looking for Class 1 Drivers with less than 2 years of tractor-trailer driving experience. If the right candidate is found, we are able to provide hands on training with tractor-trailers and help transition into a future Class 1 Driving position with the company.
As a Driver for Canada Cartage you will have the ability to work well with minimal supervision and have a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks promptly and safely. You must have a passion for driving safely and defensively on the roads, for yourself and for others. You enjoy working on different jobs and learning new runs. You are not afraid of hard work and you are able to perform well in a fast paced and physically demanding environment.
- Possession of a Class 1 license
- Provide clean drivers abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
- Provide a criminal background check; must be bondable
- Have good knowledge of driver log books, inspection reports (pre, en-route and post trip) and trip reports
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds – hand bombing may be required.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Pay
- Extended benefits and pension plan
- Great opportunities for career advancements
- Training and development opportunities
- Steady full time work
- Work life balance
- Variety of shifts available
- Company Phone
- Uniform Safety Boot Allowance
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women