Canada Cartage located in Calgary is seeking candidates for the position of Human Resources / Recruitment Analyst .
Reporting to the Director, Recruitment and the Senior Director – Western Canada, the Human Resources Analyst supports the area of Recruitment, Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), Employee and Labour Relations, Compensation, Performance Management and HR reporting through the coordination and implementation of a variety of human resource services. The HR/Recruitment Analyst provides advice, support and education to employees and managers related to Human Resources as well as supporting major projects as required. Responds to routine and non-routine human resources and recruitment inquiries in accordance with established policies and procedures. Processes transactional requests including job postings, new hires, Payroll Advices, leave of absences, and personnel file reviews. Liaises with internal/external personnel regarding Foreign Worker program, claims disputes and provides information related to duty to accommodate (DTA) process. Sets up and/or maintains various departmental records, filing systems and databases, and prepares, generates and distributes a variety of standard, custom and ad hoc reports related to the status and disposition of various human resource activities.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Foreign Worker Program
- Responsible for the preparation and submission packages for Service Canada and CIC.
- Prepares work permit renewal applications; collection of requisite documents from Canada Cartage and ForeignWorkers.
- Responds to all inquiries related to Labour Market Impact Assessment process and Work Permit applications.
- Provides assistance to the Director on theEmployer compliance Reviews and Employment Contracts to ensure compliance withauditing requirements.
- Ensures all paperwork and applications are completed as perlegislative requirementsfor all sponsorship programs.
- File management:updates, tracking, dates, photocopying, faxing, etc.
- Provides assistance with Relocation Services (transportation/air fare/airport pick up services, accommodations and settlement, including SIN, health care, etc).
- Provides an excellent experience for our Foreign Workers and Hiring Managers.
- Assists the Vice President, Human Resources with the tracking of performance reviews for Canada.
- Assist with preparation for, and possibly participate in collective bargaining.
- Research and analyze wages and benefits to help lead negotiator prepare bargaining recommendations (research and prepare rate comparisons including an analysis of internal and external/competitor rates).
- Prepare the costing model for negotiations and further develop the existing model
- Coordinate the preparation of the bargaining material with other members of the applicable business
- Prepare and analyze demographic information of current employees
- Summarize previous collective agreement and highlights, where relevant, from the last round of bargaining
- Analyze competitive landscape
- Summarize financial data provided by the operation
- Summarize risk and contingency plans where applicable
- Assist with drafting the agenda, take detailed notes in bargaining sessions, draft counteroffers and the Memorandum of Agreement with direction from the leadnegotiator/bargaining committee
- Prepare/review drafts of ratified collective agreements post negotiations to reflect agreed upon changes.
- Track monthly national and provincial employment & unemployment changes.
- Assist with investigations (may include conducting interviews, producing final report and providing recommendations)
- Handle employee relations’ issues as assigned.
- Provides support to the Recruitment team;responsible for drafting job advertisements and coordinating posting on various job search websites.
- Assists with the screening of candidates and schedules interviews with suitable candidates.
- Conducts initial telephone interviews with potential candidates.
- Submission and verification of reference checks, drug testing and background checks where appropriate.
- Assists with the development and revision of all job descriptions for the Western Canadian region, working closely with assigned Human Resources Generalists and client group.
- Provides support to the Recruitment team with all recruitment initiatives related to tracking
- Responsible for regular updates to the ATS system.
- Maintains the internal database for hourly recruitment.
- Participates at recruiting events when required.
Compensation and General Human Resources (as needed by HR Team):
- Research and assist in preparation of annual non-union merit recommendations
- Conducts all Exit Interviews and HR Touches for client group, summarizing information for reporting purposes.
- Other duties as required.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
Strong MS Outlook skills; very strong Excel skills
Minimum one year experience in Human Resources
Ability to work independently and within a team
Strong customer service focus
Good organizational skills
Good time management skills; ability to meet deadlines, set priorities and plan work accordingly
Some flexibility with work assignments is required, as this is a newly created position
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women