Positions: Lead Hands for Packaging, Pick Line, and Reach Truck Teams
Required by: ASAP
Pay: $16 to $18 per hour
Status: Full Time
Schedules available: M-F 8am-430pm, M-F 3pm-1130pm, Sat & Sun 8am-430pm (Part Time), M-F 7am-330pm
Direct Distribution Centres (DDC), a Canada Cartage company, has an exciting opportunity for qualified full time Lead Hands! Founded in 1946, DDC has provided warehousing and distribution services to the Canadian marketplace for nearly seven decades. From its start as a single warehouse in Winnipeg, DDC has grown to serve nearly 200 customers out of seven locations totaling 1.2 million square feet across Canada – from Vancouver in the west to Toronto in the east.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, advancement opportunities and career development.
- Oversee workplace and all staff safety; promote a safety culture.
- Primary training resource for staff
- On time completion of reports and audits (Hourly status boards, cycle counts, cleaning logs, supply inventory level checks, and others)
- Work in a “problem resolution” role along with the supervisor with regards to systems issues (RF scanners, WMS task management, etc).
- Assign tasks to team members as appropriate to ensure completion of work accurately and on time
- Lead staff to ensure they are following standard operating procedures and are working with a proper sense of urgency. Alert supervisor to issues.
- Manually load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars and lifting devices.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Have steel toed safety boots
- Forklift & Reach truck experience and certification an asset
- Provide a criminal background check; must be bondable
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs unassisted
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women