DJ KNOLL IN WHITECITY IS LOOKING FOR A DISPATCHER
Dispatch carriers for logistic loads working loosely with Business Development Associate to acquire efficiency and profitability
Problem solving including but not limited to: fielding phone calls from customers, generating solutions to customer issues, in all areas attempt to generate new business from existing customers
The van division must select the most efficient, cost effective and safest routes.
Work with Safety and Compliance to ensure that all employees dispatched have the appropriate training certificates to operate units and work in accordance with government regulations and customer site-specific requirements
When brokering obtain all required permits and approvals from both provincial and local authorities. Work with Sr Accountant for credit check, WCB, Insurance, letter of good standing, etc.
Verify and confirm all required road ban information to ensure legal routes are selected via websites, and/or through traffic manager, or safety and compliance
Ensure all customer files are updated and current.
TheVan Dispatcher/Load Brokering is required to dispatch trucks and drivers according to the safety and environmental policies of the company.
Communicate maintenance/safety’s for equipment in conjunction with drivers schedules and the shop
Available to be on an “on call" rotation
Other related duties as may be assigned
- Self-motivated and the ability to work under high level of pressure;
- Multi-tasking capability and the ability to continually prioritize activities;
- Proven previous experience with dispatching or freight forwarder;
- Training in the field of dispatching or freight forwarder;
- Good knowledge of import/export operations and Inco terms;
- Thorough understanding of procurement processes and corporate governance requirements;
- Experience and/or detailed knowledge with materials management and related activities;
- Proven negotiation skills
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage
Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women