Canada Cartage located Mississauga is seeking candidates for the position of Operations Analyst: Project Management and Financial Analysis
Provides analysis, reporting and recommendations that support operations in the execution of operational objectives that ensure the efficacy and efficiency of new and existing accounts, while maximizing account profitability.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Provides operational support for new business start-ups; includes coordinating the efficient and effective operational set up of accounts and ensuring the operation is set up within the appropriate timelines.
- ANALYSIS AND BUDGETING: Analyzes data and activity and explores emerging trends, patterns and common themes. Communicates findings and recommendations; works with internal stakeholders to develop and implement action plans that improve the efficacy and efficiency of accounts while maximizing profitability. Assists with special customer requests; creates reports and completes analysis as required to support special projects; works on customer-specific initiatives that will result in effective and efficient operation of the accounts, while maximizing profitability. Provides data analysis, KPI’s, productivity and non-revenue reports for accounts; prepares and participates in P & L reviews, including the follow-up of questions, equipment and costs assigned. Assists with the preparation and review of budgets.
- Company Policies, Procedures and Values: Executes responsibilities and supports company policies procedures, and values. Provides recommendations for improvements.
Working Experience and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in an analytical position.
- Extremely skilled in excel and data analysis, with strong presentation skills.
- The ability and prior experience with making practical recommendations that improve operational account profitability, based on findings and conclusions.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- University degree required, preferably in an analytical or financial discipline.
- Transportation or logistics industry experience is preferred
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women