Canada Cartage located Mississauga is seeking candidates for the position of Operations Analyst: Equipment and Maintenance
Executes operational objectives that ensure the efficacy and efficiency of tractors, trailers and related equipment, and that usage is optimized to maximize account profitability.
- Equipment: Tracks equipment rentals and approvals; creates related reports e.g. rental reports, equipment transfer reports, reports showing equipment by account, etc. Analysis: reviews usage and takes appropriate action to ensure equipment is being used effectively and efficiently, and that usage is optimized; reports any suspicious or fraudulent usage; prepares analysis and submits reports to operations; makes recommendations based on findings; implements solutions that improve usage and efficiency. Includes Central Yard Management resources and oversight.
- Maintenance: Tracks and follows up on all equipment out for repair and due for PM’s and Annuals. Communicates priorities between Operations and Maintenance. Works with Owner Operators and Maintenance to schedule equipment; ensure equipment continues to meet company requirements for Annuals/Safeties. Creates related reports including sick bay reports, maintenance cost reports. Identifies units that are out of commission for extended periods; follows-up and makes recommendations for improvement or replacements. Makes recommendations for replacements, new equipment.
- Company Policies, Procedures and Values: Executes responsibilities and supports company policies procedures, and values. Provides recommendations for improvements.
Working Experience and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in an analytical position
- Extremely skilled in excel and data analysis, with strong presentation skills.
- The ability and prior experience with making practical recommendations that improve operational account profitability, based on findings and conclusions.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- University degree required, preferably in an analytical or financial discipline.
- Previous experience within the transportation or logistics industry is preferred.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women