Canada Cartage is Canada’s largest and most experienced provider of dedicated fleets and final-mile service. We were one of the first for-hire carriers in Canada, starting with one horse and cart in 1914. Today, we are proud to be Canada's #1 fleet outsourcing transportation and supply chain provider, and partner with many of the most recognized brands in North America.
Are you a professional driver looking to?
- work Monday to Friday
- work with good equipment
- join a company with high safety standards
- grow your career long term
If this sounds like you, you may be the professional driver we are looking for.
Canada Cartage is seeking experienced Class 1 Logging Drivers to join their team. These logging positions are based in Cochrane, Alberta and service Southern Alberta and the greater Calgary area. During spring break up or due to extenuating circumstances (i.e. prolonged weather conditions), you may be required to work out of the Calgary terminal.
* Must be legally eligible to work in Canada for Canada Cartage
- Must have a valid Class 1 driver’s license
- Logging experience is required
- Must have a clean driver’s abstract with less than 3 demerits and/or 3 violations in the last 5 years
- Must pass city and off-road road tests
- Must be able to operate vehicle and work safely at all times
- Complete all required pre-trip, post-trip paperwork and daily log books
- Must be able to do physical work and lift up to 50 lbs as this job requires a lot of chaining, winter driving, and off-roading
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well independently, not afraid to get dirty and be somewhat mechanically inclined
- Have a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Take pride in working safely and representing Canada Cartage as a professional driver
Salary and Benefits:
- Comprehensive benefit plan and RRSP matching plan
- Uniform and boot allowance
- Company phone
- Brand new dedicated trucks
If you meet the above qualifications, please respond to this job ad and attach your resume.
Canada Cartage Systems LP is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our organization, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be road tested.