Position: Class 1 Shunt Driver
Required by: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Rate of Pay: As per CBA
Schedule: 4 on 4 off, 6PM to 6AM
As a Class 1 Driver, you will have the ability to work well with minimal supervision and have a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks promptly and safely. You must have a passion for driving safely and defensively on the roads, for yourself and for others. You are not afraid of hard work and you are able to perform well in a fast paced and physically demanding environment.
- Adhere to HOS regulations
- Handling of freight documents/manifests
- Occasional local deliveries
- Yard shunting
- Prompt delivery of freight
- Unloading of various goods via pallet jack, 2 wheeler, or by handbombing
- All other duties as reasonably assigned
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Pay
- Extended health/dental benefits and pension plan
- Opportunities for career advancements through training and development; tankers, LCV, flat deck, etc.
- Work life balance
- Company Phone
- Uniform & Safety Boot Allowance
- Various company perks and discounts (gym memberships, home and auto insurance, auto services, etc.)
- Hold a valid Class 1 license
- Provide clean 5 year drivers abstract; valid within the past 30 days and no more than 3 demerits and 3 negative events
- Provide a criminal background check; must be bondable
- Have good knowledge of driver log books, inspection reports (pre, en route and post trip) and trip reports
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
If you meet the above qualification, please respond to this job posting and attach your current resume and/or Commercial Driver Abstract
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women