Position: Warehouse Worker (Warehouse B), Direct Distribution Centres
Required by: ASAP
Location: 55 Rothwell road, Winnipeg, MB
Schedule: Monday to Friday as required
Direct Distribution Centre located on Rothwell Road in Winnipeg is seeking candidates for the position of Warehouse Worker.
Under the direction of the Distribution Centre Supervisor, warehouse worker positions are union positions responsible for handling all commodities coming through the warehouse with concern for accuracy and safety. Warehouse workers will be asked to perform a wide variety of warehouse tasks, which may require training on material handling equipment.
- Receive and sort inbound product while ensuring identification, size, quantity and quality are all accurate;
- Accurately picking orders and palletizing of product;
- Unloading/Loading of product using manual pallet jacks;
- Operating Material Handling Equipment;
- Operating a handheld RF scanning device;
- General housekeeping duties;
- All other duties as may be required.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance repetitively;
- Driver’s License an asset;
- Previous warehouse experience an asset;
- Previous experience operating Material Handling Equipment such as forklifts and reach trucks an asset;
- Requires CSA approved safety boots;
- Hours will be assigned appropriately to the task;
- Must be bondable. A valid criminal record check must be provided upon being hired.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women