Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, Direct2Home Eastern Canada, the Working Operations Manager will oversee/assist in the warehouse duties, drivers, trucks, forklifts, and new recruits to ensure quality of training, optimum use of manpower and resources as well as assisting fleet management by monitoring and supporting the requirements of the Direct2Home pool of trucks and other related equipment. The Working Operations Manager role will be actively engaged in the day to day operations of the Barrie region, trouble-shooting operational concerns as the primary dispatch contact point for home deliveries, customers, and the driver pool.
The ideal candidate will come with some previous supervisory experience, be willing and able to travel but less than 5% of the time across Ontario, and must be process driven, personable, customer service focused, and safety conscious. The ideal candidate will also be fluent in English and able to exhibit a high degree of skill in communicating processes tactfully, clearly, and often. A valid class DZ operating license with clean abstract would be an asset.
Roles and Responsibilities
- All daily planning and dispatch functions related to home delivery
- Communicate daily with drivers, clients, central dispatch, as well as all other business stakeholders in a timely and professional manner at all times
- Train Direct2Home driver(s) to gold-standard including ‘white-glove’ in-to-home delivery processes and methods
- Adopt and/or create continual improvement strategies, goals, and methods relative to home delivery customer service
- Conduct operational checks, follow-ups and follow-throughs, as well as direct interaction with entry level client shipping/receiving staff
- Implement process changes ongoing and as required
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining delivery key performance indicators
- Assist with the administration of the driver uniform policy and process
- Assist with the administration of driver vacation/absentee coverage
- High school diploma, a related truck transportation logistics college diploma or degree
- DZ operators license with applicable endorsements and a clean driver abstract would be an advantage
- Previous experience in warehousing, logistics, delivery of goods and services, and DOT regulations an asset
- Previous knowledge/experience with DOT regulations and safety related transportation programs an asset
- At, or above, intermediate skill level using MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Additional Training Provided
- In-house dispatch/planning software platforms as required (MS Access, A1, other)
- Direct2Home delivery processes and procedures
- Additional safety endorsements as required
- Other as required
Salary and benefits
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience level
- Cell phone
If you meet the above qualification, please attach your updated resume.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women