The LTL Dispatcher will be responsible for overseeing local shipments and pick ups of freight within Calgary and the surrounding areas and assist the department in servicing the customer. This position has potential to move up to a Supervisory role overseeing the dock operations.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 6:00AM to 2:30PM
- Assist Operations Department in manpower and equipment planning
- Facilitate open and regular communication between customer, account employees, branch members, and drivers regarding policies, procedures, and service requirements
- Interact on a daily basis with the customer-shipping department regarding driver performance
- Prepare and issue reports pertaining to productivity, service levels, service issues or other issues relating to the account to both local management and customer
- Communicate with drivers to ensure that appointment delivery times are met
- Ensure customer requirements and policies are maintained with respect to the customer’s internal tracking system
- Ensure proper billing within the Canada Cartage System
- Generate reports as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 1 year of LTL Dispatch experience
- Experience with US and Canada Customs and Cross Border Operation an asset
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience required
- Supervisor or leadership experience an asset
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and transportation management systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience in handling multiple priorities
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and overtime if the demand arise
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women.