Canada Cartage located in Ottawa is seeking candidates for the position of Dispatch Support.
Position: Dispatch Support
Schedule: Monday to Friday - Afternoons (2:00PM - 10:30PM)
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
To aid and support the front line operations/dispatch team at the Ottawa terminal. Duties consist of but not limited to administrative functions, data entry, driver & customer communications and other tasks as needed by the dispatcher on duty.
Details of the Positions:
- Process and input data needed for billing and payroll. Scan all appropriate ppwk daily.
- Manage and direct all incoming inquiries through the dispatch telephone lines to ensure a clear, efficient flow of information to the appropriate people.
- Be a contact for drivers regarding scheduling and work availability (through incoming phone calls & in person requests).
- Follow up with customers to source delivery BOL’s needed for billing & invoicing purposes.
- Communicate with customer and drivers to ensure that delivery times are met.
- Complete customer reporting and tracking spreadsheets as required.
- Assist in the dispatching of drivers as required.
- Update customer portal in logging daily pallet transactions.
- To perform other duties as assigned by operations manager.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Have a professional and courteous manner in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Previous experience and/or a familiarity with trucking is an asset.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and A1 transportation management system would be an asset).
- Proven experience handling multiple priorities.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule (including some Saturdays) and overtime as volumes dictate.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills – verbal and written.
- Able to prioritize; have superior time management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and show adaptability in a multitude of tasks.
- Customer service principles and practices are an asset.
- Must have general knowledge of various types of vehicles used (e.g. tractors, trailers, straight trucks, etc).
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women