Canada Cartage in Winnipeg is seeking a Highway Dispatcher. This role is responsible for communicating with the drivers and customers ensuring all loads are delivered as planned and scheduled. They will be pro-actively driving revenue generation while maintaining and promoting the positive reputation of the company.
Location: 490 Lucas Ave, Winnipeg, MB
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM / 9:00 AM to start. Must be flexible and able to work Overtime as required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately receive customer orders and dispatch appropriate trucks to complete required work.
- Confirm that required production volumes are completed and assigned.
- Maintain electronic and/or written lists of job orders and trucks, as well as times of pick up and delivery.
- Maintain and record all information / KPI’s as required by customers.
- Organization and assignment of all orders; utilizing proper manpower and equipment to meet customer service expectations.
- Work in conjunction with other divisions to organize the allocations of resources and equipment.
- Planning and coordinating maintenance for equipment in conjunction with the Maintenance Shop.
- Ensure that all employees dispatched have the appropriate training certificates to operate units and work in accordance with government regulations and customer site-specific requirements.
- Liaise with the Senior Traffic Planner and Operations Manager to effectively manage dispatch personnel performance.
- Promote and support all company Safety Programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of our employees, clients, property, the environment, and the public.
- Other duties as required
- Up to 5 years of experience in the transportation industry required
- Must have a consistently positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, both in person and on the phone.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Team player, possessing impressive leadership abilities, with strong analytical and written communication skills
- Must be able to coordinate and function in high-energy / high urgency environments.
- Proficiency / competency with computer databases and MS Office applications.
- Ability to read a grid map and geographic knowledge of the surrounding areas.
We would like to thank all those expressing an interest in this position; however only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Committed to employment equity, Canada Cartage Systems LP encourages applications from Aboriginal people, members of visible minority groups and women