The Processing Technician is responsible for all processing tasks while performing duties as per SOP specifications and adhering to all company and Health Canada regulations and protocol.
The Processing Technician reports to the VP, Processing and HR.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and mitigate contamination events.
- Perform all procedures post bulk packaging; pre-rolling, weighing dried flower for packaging, packaging in first and secondary packaging, labeling all products, prepare finished products for shipping.
- Follow, and ensure all staff within the processing department follow, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Packaging activities during cannabis Packaging, at all times, to result in consistent quality cannabis products.
- Ensure Packaging equipment and machinery are in order prior to use to meet or exceed safety requirements.
- Assist with various other duties as required.
- Licensed Producer experience in a Packaging environment. (Preferred)
- Experience with or knowledge of GPP and GMP work environments. (Preferred)
- Candidate lives within 30-50 km radius of facility (Preferred).
- Has own transportation, or a reliable carpool.
- Perform and pass all company training requirements.
- Can withstand prolonged periods of standing or sitting, in varying climactic conditions.
- Can physically work/maneuver in tight spaces and from heights.
- Can handle fragile and heavy (50 lb) materials.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Organizational skills are an asset.
- Ability to multitask.
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability.
- Gets along well in a team atmosphere.
- Can work independently.
- Can withstand high stress situations.
- Adaptable to swift task changes.
- Must not have any criminal convictions or arrests involving drug-related offences (a criminal record check with the RCMP will be required prior to and at the CEO’s discretion to maintain the position).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Candre Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.