Quality Assurance / Quality Control Technician (QAQC Technician)
QUALITY ASSURANCE / QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Reporting to the Manager, QAQC, the Quality Assurance / Quality Control Technician (QAQC Technician) completes tasks related to monitoring, testing, reporting, and ensuring quality of cannabis within the Candre Quality Management System (QMS). This role supports in the areas of supplier materials, calibration requirements, monitoring of process control methods and parameters, finished product quality and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, energetic, and able to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform line clearances for all departments on the production floor and work along side all departments as the go to person for any questions or concerns.
• Assure compliance with the laws and regulations related to medical and recreational cannabis as well as safety and quality standards throughout all operations and processes.
• Actively participate to assure cross-functional issues are resolved and plant concerns are addressed.
• Test samples for pH, moisture %, and other analytical tests and inspect and calibrate/verify all required equipment used.
• Place items on hold that do not meet or exceed specification from incoming material via production or SOPs, work in process, and or finished goods, including but not limited to specifications for, appearance, weight, and packaging.
• Present reasons for retention and recommend possible solutions to the issue.
• Create and maintain the documentation on supplies and materials used for production including but not limited to raw materials and packaging.
• Collect, review and monitor process control standards and any variances on the production floor.
• Report non-compliance findings and recommend next step solutions to the QAQC Manager in a timely manner.
• Monitor, enforce, and audit GPP (Good Production Practices) and internal QMS throughout the manufacturing facility.
• Support the stability, validation, and QAQC on statistical trending of data where required.
• Participate in investigations and deviations related to QAQC.
• Support supplier development, audits and service and facility inspections.
• Documentation control within the quality system.
• Inform, advise, and update management of all quality related issues.
• Review, interpret, verify, and summarize data collected from other departments.
• Report any deficiencies to QAQC Manager in a timely manner.
• Collect and analyze samples accordingly to Quality Assurance Procedures at specified frequency, ensuring results are within specified ranges and completed/recorded in a timely manner.
• Manage the collection and maintenance of data to ensure consistencies of audits.
• Generate relevant reports and conduct periodic internal facility inspections.
• Conduct research on internet to continually update department on raw materials for product development and QAQC best practices.
• Other duties as required.
• 1 or more years of QAQC experience is preferred.
• Plant care/horticulture experience, specifically with cannabis is considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Cannabis Regulations (sections pertaining to QAQC) and Cannabis Act.
• Experience in quality systems design and operation, QC lab management, regulatory compliance, audit procedures, bulk product and raw materials sampling, handling, and shipping.
• Experience in creating and implementing work-flow processes and developing standards.
• Experience in testing and evaluation of finished products.
• Experience in the development and writing of SOPs and specification resources including raw materials, supply, and packaging.
• Experience in maintenance of documentation for audits.
• Experience working in quality control/lab and utilizing scientific equipment, and laboratory and test results interpretation.
• Working knowledge of Ample Software, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to pass Government Security Clearance.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Must have a quality conscious attitude with emphasis towards a teamwork approach to accomplish project goals and implement solutions to problems.
• Excellent decision-making skills based on the quality process from the beginning of manufacturing to the end.
• Candidate must be extremely organized and have excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and be able to take on projects with minimum supervision.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a proficient manner.
• Must not have any criminal convictions or arrests involving drug-related offences (a criminal record check with the RCMP will be required prior to and at the CEO’s discretion to maintain the position).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Candre Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.