Harvest and Trim Technician
HARVEST AND TRIM TECHNICIAN
The Harvest and Trim Technician will participate in all harvest, drying, trim, and bulk packaging tasks. The role is located in Sundre, AB. It will be important to perform duties as per SOP specifications and adhere to all company and Health Canada regulations and protocol.
The Harvest and Trim Technician will report to the Harvest and Trim Lead.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Perform harvesting activities such as cutting down plants, hanging, de-fanning, and leaf removal, recording each activity; Assist in destruction of waste as per Standard Operating Procedures and Health Canada Cannabis regulation requirements.
• Keep accurate documentation and records for all harvest activities and record in database (plant, processed, incentive and destruction weights).
• Identify and mitigate contamination events.
• Perform safe and effective harvesting, drying and trimming techniques.
• Assist the harvest team with the harvesting of finished flowers.
• Ensure processing equipment and machinery are in order prior to use to meet or exceed safety requirements.
• Assist with various other duties as required.
• Weigh, combine and manage bulk inventory containers, ensuring accurate weights.
• Technician will participate in all aspects of cannabis drying and trimming whilst also assisting in crop setup to ensure production, harvest and curing schedules are met, processes and resources are optimized, while ensuring compliance with Health Canada regulations and company policies.
• Assist with plant and production inventory counts as required.
• Verify plant numbers and destruction weights.
• Perform and document proper destruction of plant materials.
• Perform and document all actions in appropriate Crop Batch Records, and Environmental Records.
• Document all material usage accordingly.
• Sanitize and maintain tools and equipment.
• Conduct self-evaluations.
• Assist in training new employees.
• Achieve work results by establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules as needed and resolving problems.
• High School Diploma.
• 1 – 2 years experience harvesting, trimming, and processing cannabis OR 2 – 3 years horticultural, agricultural, consumer packaged goods, landscaping, or greenhouse experience.
• Licensed Producer experience in a processing environment. (Preferred)
• Experience with or knowledge of GPP and GMP work environments. (Preferred)
• Candidate lives within 30 – 70km radius of the Calyptra facility. (Preferred)
• Perform and pass all company training requirements.
• Able to withstand prolonged periods of standing or sitting, in varying climates.
• Can physically work/maneuver in tight spaces and from heights.
• Can handle fragile and heavy materials (50lb).
• Able to withstand exposure to significant amounts of plant material and pollen.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask are considered assets.
• Adaptable to swift task changes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid team player who promotes a culture of professionalism, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
• Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Can work independently.
• Can withstand high stress situations.
• Must not have any criminal convictions or arrests involving drug-related offences (a criminal record check with the RCMP will be required prior to and at the CEO’s discretion to maintain the position).
• Some weekend work will be required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Candre Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.