Jr. Crawler Developer
ChannelSight is looking for a self-motivated crawler developer to join their team in Brasov. We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and the solutions and service that they deliver. The work environment is flexible, highly technical and rewarding.
We have an exciting product roadmap and a who's who of household-name clients already signed up and using the service in 60+ markets. We are looking to scale our technical team with the best people in the world so we can continue to build cool products that our clients can't live without.
We’re hugely ambitious, tirelessly hard-working and we always go beyond the call of duty to ensure we’re the best. We're a young company headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with great traction, a cool product suite and very ambitious plans. ChannelSight is a Gartner 'Cool Vendor' 2016. We were awarded this prestigious status due not only to our cutting edge technology, but our innovative roadmap and vision for where ecommerce is going and how we're leading the way. We are also a Deloitte 2019 ‘Fast 50’ winner based on our accelerating growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop & manage the robots (website crawlers) that extract product information/data from retailer sites.
• Actively work with the QA team to ensure all production robots are working effectively.
• Proactively look at the effectiveness of these robots looking for issues and improvements.
• Verify and update product information/data in the core platform DB as required.
• Where data fixes are required do everything to make permanent fixes in the actual robots.
• Use all internal tools to efficiently report, track and detail data and robot issues.
• Provide clear reports on daily activities to the team leader in order to assess and improve the productivity and quality of the team’s operation.
• Demonstrate quality in everything you do.
A good working knowledge of the following including some project or professional experience:
• Regular Expressions (Regex)
• Chrome developer tools
• SQL (querying relational databases)
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills including a high level of proficiency in English.
• Experience with Puppeteer, Selenium, Apify/Scrapy or other web crawling/robot automation tooling.
• Node JS experience
• Other experience/understanding of web crawling and crawled data management.
• Experience with C# or ASP.net is a distinct advantage. (Scope of role can increase if you have the ability to contribute to the development of supporting tools)
• MS SQL Server/SQL Azure • Any other development experience e.g. Java, Python, Scala etc.
• Knowledge of or experience with ecommerce platforms or web scale retail data management.
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If so, please hit the apply now button and send us your CV.
This Role is a full-time opportunity only for our Brasov office, therefore, the suitable candidate must be based in Romania.