As an Accounting Intern, you'll support the backbone of our financial integrity and success. Live our 100% model through debits and credits. You’ll work across the department to enter donations and help manage expenses for our expanding business. Put your excel skills to work cranking out reports and helping us reconcile accounts.
* You’ll dive into our general ledger, entering daily donations and keeping things accurate according to our chart of accounts.
* You’ll help manage donor inquiries by creating tax receipts and investigating recent donations.
* You’ll review employee expense reports and help manage our benefits.
* You’ll be a part of our team, helping us manage changing priorities, dabbling in various ad-hoc projects along the way.
* You’ll gain an understanding of how this organization is run from the ground up.
You're passionate about accuracy.
You know the devil is in the detail. You love that satisfying feeling when all the 'i's are dotted and the 't's are crossed and every column of numbers adds up, just so.
You're not only driven - you can drive your own boat.
You work independently. You're a self-starter -- even if no one else were in the office, you'd work just as hard and just as meticulously.
You have experience and education to back you up.
You're a student or recent grad. You have accounting or related classes and previous administrative work under your belt.
You're eager and willing to learn.
You don't shy away from any task, large or small. You receive any new project with a positive attitude!
You'll start in August or September and commit until early January. We'll need you for about 15-20 hours a week.