The Head of Information Technology will be responsible for ensuring that all users globally are equipped with the right technological tools, solutions, and knowledge to support charity: water’s mission in the most effective way You'll provide and maintain all of our systems and facilitate the use of technology to support our culture of excellence and achieve the highest levels of organizational performance. You'll be the main decision-maker about adding, removing, or upgrading our existing systems or processes.
- Implement the necessary enterprise management systems throughout the organization
- Improve performance of the support desk and the maintenance of critical systems and services
- Work towards the standardization of processes and procedures
- Identify, prioritize and implement solutions to increase efficiency
- Apply a high degree of creativity to achieve big solutions through cost-effective strategies
- Ensure proper change management for maximum user adoption and successful rollouts
- Be seen as the go-to person and respond to issues punctually
- Set clear service level expectations
- Ensure compliance at all levels of operations
- Maintains relationships with IT vendors, contractors, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure all systems work effectively (backups, DR, email, finance systems, etc.)
- Manage and aim to decrease risk associated with the protection of physical and electronic assets
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or similar experience
- At least 5 years of leading enterprise technology decisions
- Ability to harden our system by using cybersecurity toolsets
- Deep understanding of how a cloud-first organization functions and how SAAS tools should be implemented and managed
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- JAMF Pro expertise
- LAN and WiFi management
- SSO expertise
- Experience with PCI Compliance
- Ability to run VMWare
- ITIL Certified preferred
You're a problem solver and strategic thinker; you connect all the dots
We find ways of getting it done at charity: water. We don't invest time on why it can't be done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem.
You see the bigger picture
You're able to break a large project into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the big goal. You think two steps ahead and can see how complex initiatives connect together for maximum impact.
You’re a systems thinker
You have an ability to apply conceptual strategy, brainstorm facilitation, and day-to-day directing of projects through completion. You find new and efficient ways to streamline processes and create innovative approaches to difficult problems. You love to identify people's strengths and build processes to make things run more smoothly.
You love technology and value innovation
You’re always looking out for the newest tools and coolest gadgets — whether for personal or professional needs — you’re on top of the latest and greatest. You’re comfortable looking for solutions and opportunities outside of the box if they’ll increase the productivity and alignment of the team.
You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it. You have a strong desire to make charity: water a premier organization.
You get things done
You're a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you're not afraid to ask.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.