Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer will work alongside a front-facing, passionate team of fundraisers to ensure major donations for charity: water’s projects and operations. Major Gift Officers become experts on the organization’s programmatic work, stewarding existing supporters and building new key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired, and loyal charity: water donors.
- You'll work towards a collective major gift target of $25M goal in 2018.
- With the Director of Major Gifts and the Revenue Operations team, you'll develop a robust portfolio of both new and current major gift supporters with the goal to raise a minimum of $1M in annual revenue.
- You'll build meaningful relationships:
- Steward key long-term donors to ensure retention and encourage increased giving
- Build prospect interest and excitement in charity: water, in order to close first-time gifts
- You'll engage supporters in innovative and creative ways to show our appreciation and the impact of their gifts
- With assistance from the Revenue Operations team, you'll develop a metrics-driven strategy for your portfolio and analyze supporter data to find new opportunities and ensure all activities are measurable to drive efficiencies and maximize results.
- You'll assist in the coordination of intimate events where the charity: water story can be shared with new prospects.
- You'll study and become an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues.
- 4-5 years of related experience
- Proven fundraising track record
- A passion for our mission and the ability to inspire donors to renew and increase their support
- Well-honed emotional intelligence and highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to a variety of constituents
- Outstanding written and communication skills - an articulate and persuasive storyteller, with exceptional relationship-building skills
- Team-oriented with a strong work ethic
- Experience effectively using a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce
You're uniquely people-oriented.
You're capable of cultivating productive relationships. Working closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities doesn't intimidate, but excites you. You build and develop these relationships with intelligence, maturity and professionalism.
You're a deal-maker.
You're comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to hear no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability.
You understand the value of our supporters.
You make sure our supporters know how much they matter to our mission. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.