Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will work alongside a front-facing, passionate team of fundraisers to ensure major donations for charity: water’s projects and operations. Major Gift Officers become experts on the organization’s programmatic work, stewarding existing supporters and building new key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired, and loyal charity: water donors.
- Work towards a collective Major Gift target of $25M goal in 2018
- With assistance from the Director of Major Gifts and the Revenue Operations staff, develop a qualified portfolio of current supporters and prospects with the capacity to give $50K+ annually, raising a minimum of $3M in annual revenue
- Build and cultivate meaningful long-term relationships, meeting with donors face-to-face to develop relationships that will optimize supporters’ lifetime value to the mission and vision, and help the organization exceed revenue targets
- Deliver an innovative, creative, and exceptional donor experience
- With assistance from the Revenue Operations staff, develop a metrics-driven strategy for your portfolio, analyzing supporter data to find new opportunities, drive efficiencies and maximize results
- Develop a strategy for cultivation and stewardship events and assist in their coordination
- Learn, study, and become an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work as well as become informed and articulate about international Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) issues
- 5-7 years of major donor fundraising or sales experience, ideally within a medium/large non-profit organization or a growing tech-savvy business
- Proven track record to generate new leads that convert to major gifts
- A passion for our mission and the ability to inspire donors to renew and increase their support
- Well-honed emotional intelligence and highly developed interpersonal skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to a variety of constituents
- Outstanding written and communication skills, articulate and persuasive, with exceptional relationship building skills
- Experience communicating and partnering with Senior Executives in a matrixed fundraising environment
- Experience effectively using a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce
You're uniquely people-oriented.
You're capable of cultivating productive relationships. Working closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers and other diverse personalities doesn't intimidate, but excites you. You build and develop these relationships with intelligence, maturity and professionalism.
You're a deal-maker.
You're comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to hear no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability.
You understand the value of our supporters.
You make sure our supporters know how much they matter to our mission. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning and thoughtful.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.