As a Copywriter for charity: water, you will write authentic, persuasive, compelling and inspiring content for all external and internal communications. You’ll craft compelling copy for our website, email programs, social channels, blog, and much more. Reporting to the Content Strategist, you will make sure our communications are both on-brand and effective, bringing the charity: water mission and impact to life through your words.
- You'll write copy for all charity: water materials such as marketing campaigns, emails, pitch decks, and web pages.
- You'll deliver excellent copy that aligns to our brand voice and inspires the reader.
- You'll ideate, plan, and create content for large fundraising, awareness campaigns, and heat moments throughout the year.
- You'll develop creative headlines, email subject lines, and social media captions.
- You'll become an expert in the charity: water voice and tone.
- You'll continue to evolve the charity: water brand voice, always representing the organization's values.
- You'll establish a writing style guide for the organization, and teach the charity: water voice to the wider charity: water team.
- You'll edit marketing copy that is short, sharp, and to the point.
- Diverse portfolio of copy examples including the web, print, advertising, email, and social
- Ability to adapt copy tone of voice to align with various audiences
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience writing copy for marketing purposes
- A sense of humor
You're an awesome writer; an even better editor.
You can self-edit your work and take unnecessary words away until it hurts.
You can edit someone else’s work and polish it up.
Your attention to detail is a point of envy amongst friends.
You care about the little things.
You're always watching for typos, and this sentence almost killed you.
You can express your opinion confidently.
You’re not scared to speak up when you disagree, or when you think something needs improvement, and you do it with confidence and respect for others.
You're a self-starter.
You don’t wait for permission to go and do something. You see something broken, and you fix it. You have a great idea, and you make it happen.
You're a team player.
You don’t care who has the idea, as long as it’s good. You care more about the end result than about personal recognition.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to relocate to) the NYC area only.