Director of Product Management
Main areas of focus: Subscriptions, Growth, Business Intelligence, Engagement, Virality, Community
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit. We are a fully remote workplace through the end of 2021.
You’ll lead product development, design, business intelligence, and supporter experience for our consumer products, with emphasis on growing The Spring, our monthly membership program.
As the Director of Product Development, you’ll be responsible for identifying opportunities and bringing to market excellent new products and services that accelerate growth and deepen engagement. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will own Product Management, Product Design, Business Intelligence, and Supporter Experience. Your north star goals will be monthly active membership, ARR, and growing lifetime impact for different tiers of individual donors and corporate partners. You will work with teams across the organization and hand in hand with Engineering and Creative to drive key decisions and strategy, rapidly test, build, launch and scale initiatives.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Leading product vision, strategy, design, development, and execution
- Defining yearly goals, strategies, tactics, success metrics, and roadmaps
- Testing and incubating growth products; defining value proposition, key features, positioning, and business models
- Articulating design and product vision and providing performance goals and updates to executive leadership and across the organization
- Being a champion for our users while driving greater reach, engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty
- Defining and building the future organizational structure and operating process of the Product, Product Design, and Supporter Experience teams at charity: water
- Working cross-functionally with Brand Creative, Engineering, Marketing, and other groups to evolve, test, build launch, and constantly improve the product
- Generally upleveling the product set and development processes
- Work with Business Operations partners to create forecast and projections, and identify and measure progress against KPIs
- Defining and analyze key performance metrics; using this data to identify compelling opportunities, improve user experiences and produce better results
- Own and evolve the data products roadmap
- Establish a user research practice
- Managing and growing the Product, Product Design, Front-End Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Supporter Experience teams
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 8+ years of experience in a product or product design leadership role with a proven track record in building innovative products that drive growth and engagement
- Demonstrated progressive team management responsibilities
- Experience overseeing Product and Product Design teams
- Experience at a high growth company or with a high-growth product set
- Proven experience taking ideas from concept to market
- Ability to generate accurate product-related forecasts and deliver results to plan
- Proven ability at breaking problems into component parts and delivering solutions, quickly
- Innate collaboration skills and equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, positioning with product marketers, metrics with business intelligence, and strategy with executive leadership
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with subscription-based products
- Strategic, analytical, and creative skill sets
- A strong bias for action
- Entrepreneurial drive--we function much more like a start-up than a non-profit organization
- Interest in cross-functional collaboration to uplevel our work across the organization
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to proactively help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to meet growth goals.
You know what you’re doing and have a track record to prove it
You have a history of driving successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're agile and pragmatic
You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You have a team ethos and are collaborative by nature
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You’re a great communicator
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You’re a translator, trained to interpret multiple needs from different sources and to find a common language amongst various stakeholders.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first in class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, our team of world chargers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water to those in developing countries. Since 2006, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 11 million people in 29 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.