Head of Product and Customer Experience
Main areas of focus: Subscriptions, Growth, Business Intelligence, Engagement, Virality, Community
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or with an existing U.S. work permit. We are currently a fully remote workplace.
You’ll lead product development, design, business intelligence, and supporter experience for our consumer products, with emphasis on growing The Spring, our monthly membership program.
As the Head of Product & Experience, you will have the unique opportunity to own and drive the vision, development and delivery of new products and capabilities that will exponentially grow the charity: water donor community and revenue over the coming years. You will foster the development and growth of our talented and dedicated team of product and supporter experience managers, and designers, evolving and evangelizing the product culture throughout the organization. And, you will collaborate with teams across the organization, including Engineering and Brand Creative, to drive key decisions and strategy, rapidly test, build, launch and scale initiatives. With an emphasis on growing The Spring, our monthly membership program, you and your team will bring excellent new products and experiences to market that accelerate growth and deepen engagement.
This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Defining and building the organizational structure and operating process of the Product, Product Design, and Supporter Experience teams at charity: water
- Owing, evangelizing, and delivering the product and experience roadmaps, prioritizing and delivering innovative new products, strategies, features, and capabilities to achieve growth objectives
- Managing the team to define and guide the long-term product strategy for growing product offerings
- Leading the efficiency and growth of a team that embodies charity: water’s values, making sure the team is as productive as possible to complete short-term and long-term objectives
- Devising and prioritizing strategic product initiatives that support business growth, donor community growth, and product-line transformation
- Advocating for our users while driving greater reach, engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty
- Defining and reporting on relevant metrics for success, drive greater reach, engagement, satisfaction, and loyalty
- Establishing accountability standards and ensure adherence across the team
- Serving as a strong partner and collaborator with other executive team members and their respective departments
- Being the champion for our users, understand them deeply, and deliver continuous optimizations to our Supporter Experience
- Working collaboratively with Marketing, Engineering, and leadership to manage product prioritization
- Experimenting and leveraging best practices to launch new products and features, test performance, and iterate quickly
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A track record of success overseeing high-growth, innovative digital products of scale
- 5+ years of team leadership experience (Director level or above) at a high-growth company
- Functional oversight should include some of the following: product management, design, customer experience, business intelligence, data science
- Proven experience across all stages of the product life cycle, from discovery through post-launch
- Strong business orientation with an ability to generate business cases and forecasts that deliver results to plan
- Experience in modern Agile product management (backlog ownership, frequent release cadence)
- The ability to develop a deep understanding of customer needs and translate them into clear product requirements
- The ability to communicate ideas and technical content to different audiences, from engineers to salespeople to senior executives
- Undergraduate degree or higher
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with subscription-based products
- Strategic, analytical, and creative skill sets
- Interest in cross-functional collaboration to uplevel our work across the organization
- Advanced degree
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to proactively help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to meet growth goals.
You know what you’re doing and have a track record to prove it
You have a history of driving successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're agile and pragmatic
You have a strong bias for action. You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles.
You have a team ethos and are collaborative by nature
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments. You find joy in mentoring team members so they can maximize their effectiveness.
You’re a great communicator
You are an astute listener and you articulate your vision clearly. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds. You’re a translator, trained to interpret multiple needs from different sources and to find a common language amongst various stakeholders.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and can manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, storytellers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first-in-class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.