Main Areas of Focus: Donor prospecting, Fundraising research, Portfolio management, Key Relationships Officer support
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or with an existing U.S. work permit. We are currently a fully remote workplace.
You’ll promote a comprehensive strategy to develop lasting donor relationships through research, donor management system optimization, and data-focused departmental support.
Reporting to the Senior Key Relationships Officer, as the Research Associate you will support our fundraisers by identifying and researching prospective and current donors, and helping to maintain donor data cleanliness. You’ll work with the Revenue Operations team to find new prospects and help build a moves management strategy to advance and enhance our donor relationships. You’ll support our Executive team in building prospective reports for potential donors to help present our mission in the most thoughtful manner.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Developing profiles to provide a clear context of donor backgrounds, financial capacity, philanthropic interests, and the nature of the relationship to the organization
- Partnering with the Chief Development Officer to support the development of high capacity portfolios for the Key Relationship Officers and Brand Partnership Managers
- Working with the Revenue Operations team to optimize a comprehensive moves management data structure and process flow in Salesforce
- Regularly performing quality checks and regulating change management for the moves management process
- Conducting proactive research of all revenue streams to identify new potential key relationships
- Producing visit reports and event bios for the Executive and Key Relationship teams to inform fundraising conversations and strategy
- Analyzing geographic areas and industries to identify strategic goals and fundraising viability in particular sectors
- Safeguarding the confidentiality of constituent information by keeping up to date and adhering to the principals of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and California’s Consumer Privacy Act
- Overseeing wealth screening activities of major prospects and maintaining guidelines for best practices for wealth management
- Maintaining and cleaning donor information in CRM and providing historical giving information and impact reporting for existing charity: water donors
- Proactively tracking and disseminating donor and prospect-related news and information to the Revenue Operations, Key Relationships, Brand Partnerships, and Executive teams
- Leading trainings in best practices for donor research for the fundraising team
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of research experience on a fundraising team
- In-depth experience working in a CRM, like Salesforce
- Proven proficiency in Excel
- A team-orientation and strong work ethic
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Formal training in excel software
- Experience in Salesforce
- Experience in iWave, RelSci, LexisNexis, or other research platforms
- Project management experience
- Experience effectively using Salesforce as a CRM tool
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re obsessed with accuracy
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial to operating successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
You're trustworthy and professional
You've proven you're equipped to handle and maintain confidential information. You're set on
learning all the ins and outs of the org so that you can handle any question that comes your
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable and prioritized items for multiple people. You understand that presentation matters and make sure your internal and external outputs are always of the highest quality.
You're a strategic thinker
You have the strategic prowess and social intelligence required to help build scalable models that leverage charity: water's brand, assets, relationships, and opportunities to meet aggressive growth goals. You read between the lines and think a couple of steps ahead to manage expectations and be prepared for your team.
You’re very adaptable
You're unfazed by the constant change of a fast-growing organization. You’re able to develop and structure projects, manage expectations, and work autonomously.
You’re a team player
You can coordinate efforts with many different departments -- both internal and external -- to get the job done right. You use sound judgment and intuitive analysis to interpret requests from your team and turn it into a solution that makes sense for charity: water. You can pick things up quickly because you’re a pro at absorbing information.
The Key Relationships team cultivates lasting and meaningful relationships with our most generous supporters. They work directly with our community to engage and steward donors who either sponsor an entire water project or join the group of constituents who cover our operational costs. This charismatic group spreads our mission and are often the face of our organization.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 11 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.