Finance & Operations - Full-Time, Temp Consultant
Main Areas of Focus: Operational Efficiency, Business Strategy, Cash Flow Management, Forecasting and Planning
Hours & Location:
- February 2021 - December 2021, start and end dates are flexible
- 40 hours per week, generally sometime between Mon-Fri 9:30am-6:30pm EST (negotiable)
- Working remotely (the entire team currently works remotely)
You’ll steward the financial and operational health of our organization by ensuring our business operations are efficient and accurate.
The Finance & Business Operations team at charity: water is looking for a consultant from February 2021 - December 2021 to help bridge a few parental leaves on the team and ensure the health of charity: water's financial business remains on track through assisting with Financial Planning & Analysis and overseeing cross-functional projects across the business.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Helping steward the health of charity: water's financial business at large, including monitoring metrics and KPIs, analyzing cash flow models, and providing ROI analysis
- Ensuring the business operations around raising and deploying funds are running efficiently through projecting and monitoring deployable revenue, working cross-functionally to document donor needs, overseeing the allocation of revenue across water project inventory
- Assisting in the FP&A function for the organization through budget population, reporting, forecasting, and analysis of revenue related products; providing revenue stakeholders with analysis and information to make strategic decisions
- Working cross-functionally across the organization to liaise between departments and serve as the bridge between processes that affect Finance
- Executing financial compliance checks, and review Grants and Grant Amendments
YOU MUST HAVE…
- Extensive experience in Financial Modeling
- Excellence in Budgeting & Forecasting
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to reconcile multiple sources efficiently and accurately
- Ability to understand and interpret large datasets
- Exceptional Excel skill, familiarity with Google Docs and Looker preferred
- Ability to project manage across cross-functional initiatives
- Ideal background in Finance or Management Consulting
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- An MBA
- A background working with an early-stage tech startup-style company
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re passionate about accuracy
You double and triple-check your work because you know that accurate data is crucial to operate successfully. You pay strong attention to detail, have excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills. You care about the numbers being right and take the time to make sure everything reconciles or is set up to be error-proof.
You’re a problem solver
We find ways of getting things done at charity: water. We don’t invest time on why it can’t be done. You know how to articulate and roll out solutions, recognizing there are many solutions to the same problem. You find new and effective ways to streamline and create processes to increase efficiency.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people.
You get things done
You’re a multitasking machine. You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small. You keep your cool under pressure and know how to prioritize your responsibilities. And when you need help, you’re not afraid to ask.
You have integrity and professionalism
You’ve proven you’re equipped to handle and maintain confidential information. You’re set on learning all the ins and outs of the org so that you can handle any question that comes your way.
The Finance team, which includes Accounting, Business Operations, Revenue Operations, and Legal, works diligently to support our entire organization, keeping our books in pristine order, ensuring that our Operations and Water funds are being allocated responsibility and in line with our strategic goals. They guarantee our donor promise and core pillar that 100% of our public donations will be utilized for water projects.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 11 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.