Main areas of focus: Inspiring copy, brand consistency, and marketing
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or have an existing U.S. work permit. We are currently a fully remote workplace.
You’ll craft compelling and thoughtful copy to bring our mission to life for a variety of audiences and channels.
As a Copywriter at charity: water, you’ll craft authentic, persuasive, and inspiring copy for our website, monthly giving community (The Spring), marketing campaigns, and much more. As a member of our Creative team, you will make sure our communications are both on-brand and effective, bringing the charity: water mission and impact to life through your words.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Owning voice and tone for The Spring and maintaining consistency through acquisition, onboarding, and retention
- Writing and editing copy for marketing campaigns, emails, products, and web pages that is sharp, aligns with our brand tone, and inspires the reader
- Developing creative headlines, email subject lines, CTAs, ads, and social media captions
- Becoming an expert in the charity: water voice and tone and continuing to evolve it, while still representing the organization's values
YOU MUST HAVE…
- At least 2 years’ experience writing and editing copy for a strong brand
- A diverse portfolio of copy examples including web, print, advertising, email, and social
- An ability to adapt copy voice & tone to align with various audiences
- Incredible attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Experience and proven expertise writing copy for marketing purposes
- A passion for learning and innovation
- A sense of humor
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience writing copy for a cause, purpose-driven brand, or a tech-startup
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're a team player
You care more about the end result than about personal recognition. You genuinely love collaboration and the process of working together to accomplish the best final product.
You take pride in your work
Your copy graveyard is filled with the 287 headline iterations you worked through before you found the right one. You never stop at the first draft and find the phrase “good enough” personally offensive.
You take inspiration seriously
You’re well-versed in current trends. You have a laundry list of ideas you can’t wait to try. You’re willing to try anything—even (and sometimes especially) if you don’t think it will work.
You are committed to promoting dignity, diversity, and equality
Guilt-focused communications make you cringe. You would rather write inspiring copy that focuses on the possibilities rather than on the problem. You always write with dignity and respect at the forefront.
The Subscription team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, storytellers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first-in-class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 11 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.