Senior Key Relationships Officer
Main Areas of Focus: Fundraising expertise, Donor stewardship, Cultivation events
Location: This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or with an existing U.S. work permit. We are currently a fully remote workplace.
You'll cultivate meaningful long-term relationships with our most impactful donors to help the organization exceed revenue targets.
As Senior Key Relationships Officer, you’ll report to the Chief Development Officer and work alongside a passionate team of fundraisers. You’ll cultivate and steward a portfolio of supporters for both Operations (The Well) and Water. You’ll find and engage new relationships for the organization and inspire a wide range of people to join the charity: water mission. You’ll spend most of your time building relationships by visiting supporters both virtually and in-person, communicating organizational priorities and supporters’ impact, and developing relationships that will help the organization achieve our mission and exceed our revenue targets.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Working toward the collective annual Development goals for both Water and Operations
- With assistance from the Chief Development Officer and the Revenue Operations staff, developing a qualified portfolio of prospects and current supporters capable of donating $10K+ annually for Water, $100K+ for Operations, yearly raising a minimum of $3M in total revenue
- Cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a variety of relationships to support both Operations and Water
- With assistance from the Revenue Operations team, developing a metrics-driven strategy for your portfolio, analyzing supporter data to find new opportunities, drive efficiencies, and maximize results
- With support from the Key Relationships Experience team members, developing a strategy for coordinating and leading donor cultivation and stewardship events
- Partnering with and assisting the Founder & CEO in cultivating his own portfolio of supporters, lending support where appropriate and necessary
- Consistently delivering an innovative, creative, and exceptional donor experience
- Learning, studying, and becoming an expert on charity: water’s programmatic work and the international WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene) sector in general
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 5+ years of major donor fundraising experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven experience managing and growing a portfolio of donors within a $20M+ organization
- Highly refined emotional intelligence and the ability to connect and communicate with people of a wide range
- A proven track record of generating new and engaged leads that convert to major gifts
- Outstanding communication skills, presence, and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents
- Experience and proficiency using a CRM system
- Experience communicating and partnering with Senior Executives in a matrixed fundraising environment
- Acute attention to detail and ability to stay on top of critical deadlines
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- A Master’s degree
- Experience effectively using Salesforce as a CRM tool
- Familiarity working cross-departmentally with creative, design, and event teams
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You're uniquely people-oriented
You're capable of cultivating productive relationships. Working closely with Fortune 500 CEOs, philanthropists, influencers, and other diverse personalities doesn't intimidate, but excites you. You build and develop these relationships with intelligence, maturity, and professionalism.
You have a remarkable track record
You have a history of leading successful initiatives with measurable results that have impacted the bottom line. Your years of applicable experience have cultivated your wisdom and nuanced creativity for this position.
You're a deal-maker
You're comfortable asking for money and are not afraid to say no. You possess a keen ability to sell ideas and close deals. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You understand the value of our supporters
You make everyone feel special. You’re able to get anyone excited about what we do and make their experience with us unique. You’re inviting, discerning, and thoughtful.
You take an innovative approach
You’re familiar with the tried and true ways of fundraising but stay on top of the new trends and are open to new ways of doing things.
The Key Relationships team cultivates lasting and meaningful relationships with our most generous supporters. They work directly with our community to engage and steward donors who either sponsor an entire water project or join the group of constituents who cover our operational costs. This charismatic group spreads our mission and are often the face of our organization.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.