Retention Marketing Manager
Main areas of focus: Email marketing, SMS marketing, Retention Marketing, Content strategy
Location: Remote - U.S. only.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to any applicant based in the U.S., eligible to work in the U.S., or with an existing U.S. work permit.
The Retention Marketing Manager will be responsible for the execution and optimization of email and SMS programs across the entire donor lifecycle including acquisition, onboarding, activation, retention, and reactivation. In this role, you will work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, Growth Consultant, and Performance Marketing Manager, as well as cross-functionally with multiple departments including Creative, Finance, Product, Engineering, and Data, to provide a world-class donor experience for prospects and donors to engage donors, grow charity: water’s monthly membership program and increase donor lifetime value.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Own execution of charity: water’s email and SMS programs including planning, designing, executing, and reporting on donor lifecycle campaigns
- Build and implement charity: water’s email and SMS experiment roadmap by rigorously analyzing, testing, and optimizing the email and SMS campaigns
- Design, develop, and deploy automated emails and SMS messages, including writing creative briefs, copywriting, segmentation, testing, and QA
- Collaborate with the Creative team on messaging and creative for email and SMS marketing campaigns
- Monitor and report on results, learnings, and experiments on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Identify actionable insights that will inform our future communication strategies, messages and donor engagements
YOU MUST HAVE…
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, Marketing, or Business
- 4+ years of email and SMS marketing experience
- Familiarity with email marketing and marketing automation platforms (i.e. Iterable, Braze, Klaviyo)
- Familiarity with SMS platforms (Twilio) and messaging strategy, cadence, and content
- Familiarity with A/B, multivariate, cohort, and longitudinal testing
- Self-starter with a problem-solving outlook and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to communicate and effectively work in a cross-team environment
- Comfort managing workflow in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strategic thinker, can collect and analyze data, ability to focus on both short-term and long-term goals
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience working with nonprofits and in fundraising
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re a strong strategic thinker
You have an ability to apply conceptual strategy, facilitate brainstorming, and direct the day-to-day of projects through completion.
You get things done
You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You follow through on every task, no matter how big or small, and when duty calls you take matters into your own hands. You live for hitting deadlines and understand the importance of keeping on schedule and in budget. You take initiative on projects from the start and know how to bring people together and get things done.
You’re a go-getter
You’re detail-oriented, with the ability to manage, plan, and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. You have the ability and passion to tackle big goals with limited resources; you thrive in a dynamic environment. You see your work through. You love being actively involved end-to-end, from strategy through flawless execution.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
The Consumer team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, storytellers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first-in-class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.