Performance Marketing Manager
Main areas of focus: Donor Acquisition, Paid Marketing, SEO
Location: Remote - U.S. only.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to any applicant based in the U.S., eligible to work in the U.S., or with an existing U.S. work permit.
As the Performance Marketing Manager, you’ll manage and grow our existing performance channels, while identifying, scaling, and owning new ones. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer and working closely with our Growth Consultant, you’ll shape our paid marketing and acquisition strategy to grow our monthly giving community, The Spring. This role is hands-on, analytical, and results-driven. You’ll work alongside Product, Engineering, and Creative to hit growth goals.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing our performance marketing agency on paid social, paid search, and display
- Identifying, testing, and scaling additional channels such as TV/Streaming, Direct Mail, Podcasts, etc.
- Owning SEO and content strategy to drive new qualified traffic to our website
- Partnering with VP Growth and Finance to forecast and track performance against CAC and LTV targets
- Working with Product and Data teams to identify features and optimizations that will drive user growth and engagement and increase conversion
- Developing and maintaining a performance marketing metrics dashboard, and sharing insights with the team on a regular basis
- Working with the Creative team to develop engaging creative assets and campaigns to drive donor acquisition
- Working with the Retention Marketing Manager and Product to develop engaging user journeys that bring donors through the acquisition funnel
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 3+ years of experience in performance marketing, including hands-on experience with Paid Media (Facebook and Google Ads)
- A proven track record of building, executing, and delivering high impact campaigns with responsible management toward CAC and LTV goals
- Experience with A/B testing of creative and landing pages
- Experience forecasting and managing a paid marketing budget
- A deep understanding of and interest in the digital media space (owned, earned, and paid) including keeping up with new developments in ad tech
- Experience successfully working with Engineering, Product and Brand Creative teams
- Experience working with Google Analytics, SalesForce, SQL, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize or Optimizely
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience working in an environment where agility and scrappiness have been key to your success
- Experience securing donated media and pro-bono services
- Front-end web development experience
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re hungry and thrifty
You like learning new things and using new tools and services. You’re thrifty and innovative, you can make something out of nothing and you’re not afraid of a challenge.
You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it. You have a strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising experience.
You're agile and pragmatic
You’re a multitasking machine and you don’t have a problem getting your hands dirty. You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles. You’re results-driven.
You can find the root cause of problems
You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
The Consumer team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first in class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.