Kitchen Domestic Assistant - Part-Time - Co Wicklow
Support Services – Kitchen and Domestic Assistant(s)
Ardeen Cheshire Home, Shillelagh, Co. Wicklow.
1 X 21 hours SPC to cover long term sick leave
2 X 20 hours FTC 6 months with possibility of extension
What we do
Ardeen Cheshire Home provides residential and respite accommodation to adults with physical, sensory and neurological disabilities. We provide individualised supports to promote wellbeing, independence and quality of life, based on clear principles of supporting people “one person at a time”. As a member of the team you will be committed to rights based, person centred service delivery, be willing to embrace change and help foster a culture of continuous improvement.
What you will do
You will assist the Head of Support as part of the catering and support service team. Duties include;
· Cleaning throughout the designated service and laundry duties if required.
· To prepare meals according to meal plans and according to individual specifications, including special dietary requirements
· Commitment to your own personal and proffesional development
· Developing open, honest and respectful relationships with others and foster good working relationships within the team
· At all times handle information confidentially and in line with data protection requirements.
· A committment to the provision of quality services and to the concept of working in partnership with service users to promote their independence.
What we are looking for
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
· Some experience in a similarly focussed role
· A HACCP or equivalent related qualification an advantage
· Knowledge or experience of working within HIQA regulatory framework is desirable
· Computer literate and able to adapt to changing technology
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
· In possession of the necessary documentation to work and live in the Republic of Ireland
· Ability to speak and write English fluently
It is critical that when undertaking your work that you do so in a manner that is consistent with Cheshire Ireland’s values, operating ethos and standards
WHY WORK WITH US?
· Positive working environment
· Degree of flexibility in working hours
· HSE Consolidated payscales
· Induction and on going training and support
· On site parking
· Career opportunities
· Sick pay benefit (after probation)
· Employee assistance program
· Maternity benefit
For further information contact Catherine Schoeb or Sarah Anderson on 05394 29143.
To apply for either of these posts please forward a CV to Sarah Anderson, Operations Coordinator, via email to: email@example.com
Closing Date:- Sunday 27th June 2021
Cheshire Ireland is an equal opportunity employer
All successful candidates will be subject to vetting by the Garda National Vetting Bureau