At CloudCall we believe in the art of high quality service design and management. Our culture is centred on happiness and empowering our people to have creative freedom. We are committed to building a world-class technology company where engineers love to work.
In addition to building high quality cloud based communications services, we seek individuals who also enjoy the other aspects of building a new company: designing features, making good product decisions, engineering platforms, programming at all levels of the stack, creative marketing and recruiting, and the wearing of several hats.
We are looking for an extraordinary talented DevOps Engineer who shares similar values and is looking to join our dynamic and fast growing family. Above all we look for passionate individuals who seek a positive team culture with aspirations to grow knowledge and widen their day to day impact.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join the 10 strong Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate should have a good background in Linux systems and enterprise networking.
You will be responsible for the administration of the server systems which support CloudCall’s telecommunications infrastructure as well as the management and administration of CloudCall’s BGP network.
You will be joining a strong and experienced team and you will be working on a diverse set of infrastructure. Gaining knowledge is a real perk of the job and you will learn a lot from working with us.
- Working knowledge of Linux internals and system administration including configuration
- Very good understanding of IP networking and routing
- MySQL database administration
- Scripting languages
- Cloud/Virtualisation platforms
- Able to solve problems using innovative and perhaps unconventional solutions
- A proven ability to learn new technologies and techniques
- An eye for quality and best practice
- Commitment in your previous roles
- Ability to react and adapt to change
- Amazon Web Services
- Working knowledge of routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF
- Enterprise switching and routing
- Internet Exchange Peering
- Data centre management
- SIP Telephony
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and maintenance of existing Linux infrastructure including web servers, databases, message queues, DNS servers, logging and storage
- Assist in the expansion of the CloudCall platform onto our own hardware and into the public cloud
- Management of our SIP telephony infrastructure and billing platforms
- Management of CloudCall’s BGP network and data centre presence
- Take responsibility and ownership for assigned project work, ensuring it is seen through to completion
- Gain a deep understanding of the CloudCall platform, the technologies used and how the systems interact
- Contribute ideas to the enhancement of the platform
- Assist in addressing the backlog of technical debt within the department
Collaboration and Relationships
- With the Engineering manager to agree priorities and courses of action
- With the Infrastructure team, in which you will sit, to develop solutions as a team
- With the Development team to implement new systems and diagnose problems
- With the Support department to help diagnose and resolve platform issues