The purpose of this document is to outline the key responsibilities, relationships and deliverables associated with the role of Telco Billing Analyst for CloudCall.
The main duties of the role are outlined below. This is not an extensive list but should be used as a guideline as to what to expect day to day and be indicative of the skill set needed by applicants.
The Telco Billing Analyst reports to the CPaaS Product Manager but will also work closely with the Product Strategy Manager on a number of projects and initiatives. Due to nature of the role there will also be regular direction and guidance given from the from the Engineering, Development & Finance departments.
The main focus of this role will be to provide analysis and management of our wholesale telecoms billing. In order to continue to provide a best in class solution CloudCall require additional resource to support further analysis of our customer usage, call traffic statistics, and wholesale & retail billing.
This role will play a significant part in the future growth and success of the company. The perfect candidate will enjoy collaborating closely with all departments, challenging existing working practices and continually looking for optimisation and efficiencies throughout the division.
· Reviewing, ascertaining accuracy, and recommending payment of invoices submitted by the interconnect companies for services rendered.
· Recommending improvements to enhance technical capabilities of the system and reduce operating costs.
· Completing analytical reviews of data within the Data & Billing function and report to the business
· Provide pricing & commercial support to Sales and Marketing departments when required
· Performing in depth analysis to identify and understand usage trends.
· Reviewing telecommunications carrier contracts and tariffs to ensure compliance with pricing and rate structures.
· Analysing billing data from carriers across Europe, identifying and developing recommendations for cost saving, refund and optimisation.
Skills and Experience:
· Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to understand complex commercial data and present at the appropriate level
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· The candidate must have strong commercial acumen
· Math, statistics or analytics background would be beneficial
· Experience of Wholesale telecoms, Interconnect, Roaming or the MNVO market would confer a distinct advantage.
· Understanding and use of of CRM, ERP or other business software
· Experience or Knowledge of a programming language (VBA, Python, C#)
· SQL understanding/experience to analyse billing data would be desirable
· Familiarity with JIRA and agile development processes