Are you looking for somewhere where you'll be appreciated? Where you can grow your skills? Where you can be challenged every day? Where you enjoy the culture of the team and company? Welcome to to CloudCall.
Here at CloudCall we are a leading provider of Unified Communications for CRMs: Telephony. Advanced CRM features, Messaging, in one intuitive interface. We are currently 6th fastest growing technology company in the UK and 166th in Europe.
The UK QA Team Lead reports to the Head of QA and has line management responsibility for manual QA engineers within their defined team. The current team size is 4 QA engineers and 1 senior QA engineer.
As a key influence within the QA department, you will be working collaboratively alongside Development, Design, Infrastructure, Product, Service Delivery and Support Teams and will be responsible for the manual QA effort of assigned projects. This is a varied role with a mixture of hands on QA, project scoping, team guidance and mentoring, process improvement and management.
You will get involved with various projects, ranging from BAU changes to long-term projects. You will take ownership and manage the daily workload of the QA resource in the UK office and ensure projects are delivered on-time and strive to achieve an exceptional level of quality.
Responsibilities also include:
• Strive for high quality using best practices.
• Work to continuously improve the testing process.
• Maintain open communication and transparency with other departments and stakeholders.
• Collaborate closely with the development and product teams.
• Being hands on who can lead the team to help solve day to day problems.
• Assist the team with manual QA, putting in the extra effort where required.
• Mentoring the team members to help them learn the CloudCall products.
• Chasing issues and helping to unblock tasks.
• Act as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, coordinating QA resources accordingly.
• Provide accurate and timely communication to the Head of QA.
• You will thrive in this role if you are pro-active and enjoy working in a fast-paced and versatile environment.
• Strong aptitude for analysis and problem solving.
• Willingness to continue learning and drive yourself and your team to improve.
• You will have strong numeracy and literacy skills, methodical, innovative, take initiative and work collaboratively within a team.
• You are experienced in working in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
• Able to switch tasks at short notice.
• Ability to easily triage and determine priority of projects and tasks.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
• Creative problem solver and logical thinker.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
The Ideal candidate
- Take responsibility for what are often unstructured issues, and tasks that are less defined, requiring new perspectives and creative approaches. You will apply your experience and knowledge in solving complex problems. You will need to demonstrate good judgment in solving problems, as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- Will have good communication skills both written and verbal and will be experienced in collaboration with the development teams.
- Experience working within a Software Development environment, ideally focused on Telecoms/Cloud based applications.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position, being hands on and leading people.