General Job Description
The CB design team is the creative center of the company, responsible for all owned brands, as well as creative work for clients and agencies. At the core of our team is a respect for each other, an emphasis on bettering ourselves, and pursuit of great design.
Design Interns will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with marketers and designers, take ownership of real-world design projects, and participate directly in client meetings.
We welcome all design students who posses the drive to succeed, a positive attitude and a desire to grow personally and professionally, to apply. This is a paid, part-time position, exceeding no more than 25 hours a week. Position begins in May 2017 and ends August 2017.
Interviews will take place during January and February of 2017 – Interns will be selected in March 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with several different departments to assist in the creation of visually appealing sell sheets, presentations, full web experiences, badges, etc.
- Conceptualize, design and present infographics and white papers based on editorial calendar.
- Incorporate feedback from Associate Creative Director to ensure that all projects meet CB’s design standards.
- Adhere to CB’s style and branding guidelines.
- Attend brainstorm meetings and be ready to offer creative input.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint).
- Graduated with or pursuing a degree in creative design.
- Marketing focus a plus.
- A portfolio with strong examples of layout and use of typography. Web UX / UI work a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and interpersonal skills; effective time management.
- Great attitude, team player and ability to be flexible.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where you are responsible for
identifying and implementing processes, systems and best practices.