General Job Description
Are you passionate about brands, marketing, people, technology, and social media? Great, we are too, and we’re seeking interns who want a hands-on experience at our shopper social media company. At Collective Bias, you will be exposed to all aspects of campaigns, including business development, sales pitches, brainstorms, campaign kick-offs and wrap-ups, reporting, and more. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of large campaigns with your favorite brands!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and discover trends in social media and marketing
- Assist in creating kick-off documents, baseline reports, weekly and wrap-up reports
- Participate in brainstorms and actively seek ways to innovate and streamline processes
- Assist with business development materials including insights decks and pitches
- Become an advocate of the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Engage in social media and our proprietary Social Fabric® community
- Analyze and baseline social media conversation metrics
- Assist with other projects and tasks as assigned
- Previous internship experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Preferred degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or English
- Junior/Senior year in College
- Great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Interest in social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) and how they can be engaged in various scenarios
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- No relocation assistance
- Creativity: approach complex questions with an open mind and willingness to find a creative solution. Do not be afraid to propose new ways of doing things – ideas are always welcome.
- Initiative: Take your work to the next level. Think of ways to provide value beyond the bare minimum and always be prepared to provide the reasoning behind your suggestions.
- Professionalism: Interns are given a lot of responsibility at CB. Be ready to speak to clients, write copy for presentations, work across departments, and more. We are looking for coworkers who are relaxed and fun, but know how to balance a casual work environment with professional work.