A Director, Business Development builds relationships and closes business for Collective Bias. This position will ideally be part “hunter”/part “strategist”. Typical clients consist of shopper marketing budget holders at brands (primarily CPG), brands themselves, retailers and agencies. Direct contacts are usually at senior manager/director level positions, but also include VP/CMO. A Director, Business Development at CB should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be a good listener, lean in mentality and be passionate about social media.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an expert on all things social media, CB history, product offering, positioning, pricing and competitor differences.
- Develop, manage, and track a territory/account plan to meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Effectively prospect potential clients through personal CPG, retail, agency and supplier network and other lead sources (including cold calling).
- Understand client business objectives, propose and close strategic solutions leveraging CB products, rate card, budget template, and timeline standards.
- Retain existing business and continually search for ways to grow that business.
- Utilize salesforce.com for prospect tracking, opportunity identification and internal communication.
- As the primary sales conduit for assigned clients, attend kick-off, post-analysis and other important meetings with clients as a means to sell additional work, not to lead or direct the work on existing campaigns.
- Collaborate with specified Client Services teams to oversee accounts from proposal through post-analysis to resell.
- Approximately 5-10 days a month of travel.
- 6+ years experience selling strategic digital marketing solutions to CPG and/or retail clients
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Gmail (including Google drive and calendar)
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM software a plus
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field
- Proven ability to identify and close $100K+ deals, $2MM+ annually
- Ability to work independently in a startup environment while building collaborative relationships to identify, share and implement best practices
- Passion for social media and shopper marketing
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and other online and shopper media platforms, and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Experience in nurturing support staff for greater efficiency and talent development
- Strong pipeline management and organizational skills
- Insights: Understands the client’s business as well as our own; develops and manages transformational strategies while maintaining a strong attention to detail; combines instinct with analytical rigor to appraise what will work in the marketplace.
- Collaboration: Generates and sustains effective working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external contacts; adjusts behavior to influence in a wide range of situations; creates a supporting and challenging environment with a commitment to the personal development of others.
- Decision-making: Maintains strategic focus and momentum in the face of obstacles and ambiguity; prioritizes appropriately to deliver business goals.
- EmotionalLeadership: Energizes and mobilizes people around a vision; creates energy and momentum in the face of change; channels energy positively toward solutions; responds to criticism and setbacks in a balanced way.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships.