General Job Description
The Human Resources Business Partner helps CB to maintain our employee-oriented, high-performance culture so that we can achieve our mission, vision, and values. This position involves the responsibility of day-to-day operations of the HR Department as well as the administration of human resources, policies, procedures and programs. They will help to align business objectives with employees and management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with assigned business units to help them to achieve their business goals through proactive human resources-related efforts and by conducting regular meetings with the leadership team.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems, evaluating potential solutions, implementing selected solution, and coaching managers and employees.
- Assists with providing day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary action) with the support of the Manager or Director of Associate Relations as it relates to Corrective Action in the latter stages, Performance Improvement Plans, terminations, and other more complex issues.
- Provides recruiting support – Talent Acquisition will have primary responsibility for recruiting. The Business Partner will assist with identifying recruiting needs, communicating to Talent Acquisition, and assisting the assigned Recruiter with recruiting when needed.
- Training needs assessment – Associate Development will have primary responsibility in this area. The Business Partner will assist with identifying training needs and collaborating with Associate Development to determine how to best proceed to address the need. The Business Partner may be involved in developing and executing programs that relate to Associate Relations topics.
- Conducts and shares results of exit interviews for employees who are voluntarily leaving the organization.
- Collects and analyzes human resources data (i.e., exit interviews, Accident Frequency Rating, compensation data and turnover analysis) and makes recommendations to management based on the information.
- Manages unemployment claim filings in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Interprets and explains employment policies and guidelines to supervisors, managers, and employees.
- Assists with implementation of Affirmative Action/EEO requirements for assigned area.
- Assists in executing activities and plans around improving employee engagement including workplace feedback sessions.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; executing projects in a timely manner.
- Orients new employees and facilitates effective onboarding.
- Develops, reviews and updates policies, procedures and SOPs.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Provides assistance with audits and other requests for human resources information.
- Manages workers compensation and provides support for safety-related initiatives.
- Manages employees leaves of absences and coordinates return to work process ensuring compliance with applicable employment laws.
- Participates with GT! staff in developing departmental goals, objectives, and systems and recommends necessary changes.
- Assists with coordinating and executing company events and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 3-7 years of human resource experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience necessary to complete the responsibilities/essential functions of the position.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, HR or a related field
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and manage day-to-day tasks and ongoing projects.
- Some familiarity with human resources concepts, practices, and procedures. Ability to exercise some judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- HR Certification Preferred
Physical Demands - All Levels
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
- Frequently required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
- Frequently required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.