General Job Description
A fast growing Social Shopper Media Company is looking for a Sr. Accountant to assist with the finance and accounting functions including, but not limited to: month-end close process, general ledger accounting, analysis and reconciliations, financial reporting, accounts receivables billing and collections, manage accounts payable, revenue, and budgeting. They must be able to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and solve problems in a time-sensitive environment, be able to work independently and also as a member of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Accountants at Collective Bias are responsible for the following:
- Perform accurate and timely month-end close processes. Including preparation and review of journal entries, preparation of supporting detail schedules, financial reporting and account reconciliations.
- Calculate,analyze and research various accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Maintain detail supporting schedules and account reconciliation, including, but not limited to, receivables, deferred revenue, and WIP.
- Prepare and automate value added management reports to support analysis.
- Perform calculation and analysis of commissions, bonuses, accruals,prepaidsand expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately in accordance with GAAP
- Assist with budget reporting and research, resolve questions and requested reclassifications from budget owners.
- Assist in planning, preparation, and review of client invoices, process payments/accrue accounts payable invoices and manage fixed assets in accordance with company policies.
- Assist with the preparation of the Company’s payroll and recording in the general ledger.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reporting to our parent company, Inmar, including cash forecast.
- Recommend and assist in implementation of improvements in procedures and controls.
- Understanding of GAAP and how to apply to the business.
- Assist in developing and documenting accounting policies that comply with US GAAP.
- Drive continuous improvement of business processes and systems; bring best practices.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness to meet specified deadlines.
- Interact with and provide information to internal and external auditors as necessary.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects, as required.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Accounting software experience
- 3+ years experience in Accounting
- 2+ years in public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- Advanced Degree: Accounting, Finance or Business-related
- Active CPA License
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial accounting concepts.
- Analytical aptitude – strong problem-solving skills.
- Standard office practices and accounting procedures on automated systems.
- Computer systems and equipment as well as report generation.
- Ability to work independently, yet enjoy working in a team environment.
- Adept at prioritizing and managing multiple tasks requiring extensive follow-up and timely completion of projects with minimal instruction
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Employee relations:build relationships and trust with employees in all functional areas.
- Attention to detail:execute with a consistently high level of accuracy for all tasks.
- Adaptability:adjust to changing priorities as business dictates.
- Task management:prioritizing work and completing tasks in a timely manner; show an ability to execute effectively under pressure of deadlines.
- Judgment:show an ability to make decisions autonomously.
- Analysis:apply sound critical thinking to tasks, processes, and decisions.