General Job Description
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs (group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending plan, 401(k) plan and wellness plan) for associates in facilities across the United States. The administrator provides excellent customer service to associates across the organization and supports additional human resource functions to include payroll processing as a regular function of job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains data integrity of the Benefits/Payroll system by accurately inputting data and conducting audits ensuring vendor receives accurate and timely associate data and payments. Works with payroll department to ensure payroll deductions are properly applied
- Manages enrollments, life events, COBRA, terminations, death claims, QMCSOs, benefits compliance and testing
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Provides support of integration activities
- Responds to internal client requests for information in a timely manner
- Regularly participates in process review, process improvement and process automation within the HR department
- Plays a key role in attracting, retaining and facilitate engagement of associates
- Partners with assigned business units to assist them in achieving their business goals through proactive human resources-related initiatives and activities and by participating in regular meetings with the HR team
- Participate in HR and other group projects
- Perform standard or routine audits of HR systems to ensure data integrity
- At least three (3) years experience in a benefits, payroll or human resources role or a combination of experience and training necessary to complete the responsibilities of the position.
- Experience with Workday, online enrollment tools, or other HRIS systems is preferred
- Proven advanced MS Excel skills; Intermediate skills in MS Word, MS Access and Power Point; SQL experience is advantageous
- Knowledge of HR practices
- Ability to execute and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail – must be precise in working with the data and be vigilant in the analysis to make accurate conclusions
- Analytical aptitude with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to proceed independently, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks requiring extensive follow-up and timely completion of projects with minimal instruction
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) with a major in business, human resources, analytics or related field
- Employee relations: Build relationships and trust with employees in all functional areas. Serve as a resource to our internal customers.
- Attention to detail: Execute with a consistently high level of accuracy for all tasks.
- Task management:Prioritizeworkand complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Critical thinking: Objectivelyanalyzeand evaluate opportunities; make recommendations in the long-term interest of the company and its employees.
- Adaptability: Adjust to changing priorities as business dictates.
- Judgment: Show an ability to make decisions autonomously.