General Job Description
The Coordinator, Marketing provides a broad range of support to the MarCon (Marketing and Content) team by helping manage communication activities to promote, enhance and protect the organization’s brand reputation. The Coordinator will report to the Manger and will assist in the ongoing development, coordination and implementation of content marketing efforts focused on, but not limited to blog, content marketing and inbound marketing strategy and execution. The Coordinator has a knack for creating content that aligns with the overall Marketing goals. The Coordinator oversees one PT blog coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Marketing Manager to build and manage a content/editorial calendar that aligns with overall marketing goals.
- Help execute editorial and content tactics and strategies according to the editorial calendar.
- Develop a blog and social media strategy for growth and content development.
- Review blog analytics to improve blog strategies/tactics, grow blog subscribers and expand the overall blog's reach, and oversee blog coordinator to ensure content is published and aligned with calendar.
- Contribute regularly to the blog each month.
- Manage company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, help create shareable content based on set goals, and explore new ways to drive site traffic to convert new leads.
- Assist Manager in execution of content marketing campaigns.
- Assist Manager and help write white papers/contributed pieces as workload allows.
- Assist Manager in executing video content marketing strategy and work with video editor and copywriter to execute videos that meet goals and objectives.
- Manage Awards and Speaking calendar and help execute submissions for both.
- Infographics – Serve as project manager on infographics, research, provide creative direction, and feedback for final delivery.
- Direct Reports
- Oversees Blog Coordinator.
- Appropriately delegates when necessary and maintains reasonable and balanced workload for direct report(s).
- Identifies performance expectations, gives timely and constructive feedback.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- 1-3 years of applicable work experience
- Experience working with marketing tools like Wordpress, MailChimp and HubSpot preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or a related field
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Confidence to take the lead in situations and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding of the industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and interpersonal skills; effective time management
- Great attitude, team player and ability to be flexible
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment where you are responsible for identifying and implementing processes, systems and best practices