Head of Member Experience
Comhar Linn INTO CU is ambitious about its future and is now seeking a Head of Member Experience to support its growth plans. We are looking for a person who is passionate about service and will create a strong emphasis on understanding the member's experience of Comhar Linn and creating an operating environment that supports the member's journey.
This Head of Member Experience will play a similar role to a Chief Operating Officer, a vital member of the leadership team heading the service and operations of the Credit Union. You will be member-focused and able to lead your service team to enhance how members experience their credit union and deliver exceptional member relationship management. There is a team of 15, with two direct reports leading service teams and an IT lead. Having an operational background with experience working in a Credit Union or similarly regulated sector is critical.
As a member of the senior management team, the successful candidate will contribute to the strategic development and sustainable growth of Comhar Linn INTO CU. We are looking for a team player and a self-starter, a person who is creative, results-driven and possess excellent communication skills.
Comhar Linn INTO CU is professional, trustworthy and strives to be the preferred financial partner for teachers; this role is a crucial enabler of this ambition and strategy. The successful candidate working with the CEO and management team is expected to contribute to making this goal a reality.
- Lead the delivery of an excellent level of member service across all delivery channels and develop a transformation strategy to evolve the service model towards a member-oriented, digital and data aligned operating environment;
- Apply a big-picture perspective to create initiatives that will add long term value to the member's experience of the credit union;
- Take responsibility for the motivation, performance management and personal development of your team;
- Maintain compliance with all policies, procedures, and standards and evolve these to achieve member service objectives related to satisfaction, service quality and productivity;
- Ensure high-quality internal controls are implemented and maintained to manage operational risk and safeguard the assets of the members of Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union;
- Lead a positive compliance culture with all legal and regulatory requirements, including the areas of risk, data protection, money laundering, employment law and health and safety.
- Drive and proactively monitor a consistent benchmark for best industry practices of member service standards;
- Perform capacity and resource management to support desired service levels;
- Manage budget within the overall credit union budget cycle;
- Manage all aspects of the credit unions information technology, disaster recovery and contingency plans;
- Maintain our ISO certification and lead the re-certifications process;
- Provide timely and adequate management reporting and develop KPIs to manage operations;
- Demonstrate the capacity to listen to members, analyse data trends to anticipate new trends and translate member needs into successful service initiatives;
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including the Dept Education and Skills, the INTO and other external organisations;
- A genuine interest in the Credit Union movement and passion for its values and ethos.
The successful candidate should be a self-starter who is creative and results-driven. They will need to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise effectively. They should also be able to demonstrate people management, project management and organisational skills.
The person will have a strong track record of service delivery & people management. Ideally, from a service background and in a regulated industry. A minimum of five-plus years’ experience in a comparable role. Possess QFA and/or CUA qualifications. A 3rd level qualification in a related business discipline and knowledge of the I.N.T.O and primary schools is desirable.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have strong communication, leadership and people development skills, including the ability to identify key talent, coach, develop talent, engage employees and an ability to hold employees and teams accountable and invested in their results.
This is a control function under the Central Bank fitness and probity regime.
The successful candidate will outline their strategy for how a CU can deliver exceptional service levels utilising the best people practices, digital and technology solutions. We are looking for someone who engages with and encourages the team and member feedback to support their approach.
Background to the Credit Union:
Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union is the preferred provider of loans and day-to-day banking for our members within or connected to the teaching community. We offer a personal and responsive service to our members and care about their needs. This creates a strong affinity with our members, and we trust that they will be advocates for us and the services we offer. The organisation is well respected due to our co-operative approach and our not-for-profit nature.
Applications and covering letter to be received on or before Wednesday 23rd October.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful financial institution and to shape the future success and strategy of Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union.