General Insurance Sales Manager
This is a strategic role within the Company and forms part of the Senior Management Team within the General Insurance Division. Our General Insurance products covers, Motor, Home & Travel.
The General Insurance Sales Manager will be responsible for the overall multi sales channels performance and successfully delivering the General Insurance Sales and renewal performance in a complaint manner. The key focus of this role is to provide leadership and strategic direction to the Call Centre Sales management team. To build, retain, develop and motivate the management team to achieve sales targets in a compliant manner and at all times represent Cornmarket in a professional manner.
Working closely with the Head of General Insurance to provide leadership and strategic direction for the division on growing our book of business, improving the processes and technology supporting our GI sales processes, improving the profitability of the GI division through growth, efficiencies and the development of alternative sales distribution channels
Accountabilities of the Role
- To comply with risk control and regulatory requirements that is relevant to this role, ensuring all GI New Business & Renewals processes and documentation adhere to CPC Guideline at all times and assist in the GI Department’s achievement of full regulatory and legislative compliance.
- To maintain commercial awareness of the General Insurance and ensure that Cornmarket is delivering best in class products, processes and service for its customers.
- To deliver as part of the Senior Management team, the profit goals for the division through a well-defined People, Customer and Sales strategy that delivers in line with annual portfolio targets and profitability targets. To ensure smooth and compliant running of the Division from policy execution and on-going administration.
- To ensure that the revenue targets for the Department are achieved. This will be delivered through the close monitoring of revenue performance on each line of business and by interpreting the effect of revenue reducing elements such as discounted broker fees & underwriter discount levels, on overall revenue performance.
- To coach, mentor and lead your management team to grow and develop within their roles. To create an environment where talent is developed and nurtured. Providing opportunities for key employees to develop and ensure talent is identified and retained. Ensure a detailed recruitment strategy is in place in line with approved budgeted headcount to ensure the correct staffing levels are achieved.
- You are responsible for the development and delivery of the GI Sales Strategy by defining the necessary key performance indicators for each line of business and outlining the level of performance required. You will develop a deep understanding of the budgetary requirements for sales and revenue targets within the Department and ensure targets are clearly communicated to the team.
- You will be required to prepare reports and updates to determine the current performance of the division and reflect the projected performance expected. These updates should reflect key performance indicators; servicing, sales, retention figures. This information will be used to ensure that any adjustments to the key performance indicators are carried out to deliver required sales performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that the customer first approach is achieved at the highest level, whilst fostering a positive culture, supporting the delivery of strong NPS and EASE scoring metrics.
- Foster a healthy & inclusive workplace culture, ensuring that staff engagement is a high priority. Ensure that feedback from staff in the Department is regularly collated and required actions are taken. This is to be achieved by monthly meetings with the GI Feedback Forum.
- Working closely with the Digital & Analytics Manager to optimise our digital sales platform, including but not limited to; web journey, digital sales & hybrid sales. Identifying opportunities for improvement within our e-Commerce journeys and develop actions to take advantage of these opportunities. By identifying website activity in aspects such as site hits, journey entry and exit points and conversion, the GI Sales Manager can determine the effect of messaging on call levels and costs incurred from non-web converted sales.
- Deliver on cross-selling initiatives in conjunction with the internal marketing support. Ensure that all GI marketing which is completed by the marketing team, reflects the strategy of the division. This is achieved by reviewing sales trends and product offerings to identify marketing messages that can be used for each line of business. You will have final approval on marketing material and accuracy of benefits and offers of our products.
- Ensure that all Call Centre expenditure, including headcount costs, are in line with budgetary requirements which are agreed by the Head of General & Health Insurance. Forecasting expenditure against sales performance, which also must allow for varying staffing levels month on month.
- Review the analytics of telephony call patterns. This will include links from re-canvas, marketing numbers, and web calls, to identify where calls are originating from. You will be required to interpret requirements for future call projections using targeted re-canvas and implementing outbound campaigns and marketing messages.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- Knowledge of risk control & regulatory environment.
- Strong technical knowledge & commercial awareness and understanding of the public sector market and General Insurance Industry – Personal Insurance & Health Insurance markets
- Proven experience in a Management role, circa 5 years’ ideally in Call Centre Management
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop a Team
- Proven track record in a target driven call centre sales environment
- Must show an excellent ability to lead and influence team members and team leaders to achieve set goals.
- Previous experience of using data/analytics to inform decision making
- Strong analysis, reporting and numeracy skills. In-depth knowledge of excel, with an ability to adept and manipulate data.
- Strong problem solving, influencing and project management skills
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Commercially focussed with strong customer service experience.
- We work in a highly controlled environment and an in depth understanding of regulatory responsibilities is a must, with previous experience in a similar role a distinct advantage.
Behavioural Competencies Required
- Compliant & Quality-focused approach.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive to succeed
- Quality-focused approach
- Ambitious, results orientated, desire to exceed target
- Excellent Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Strong Analytical Thinking, with ability to problem solve
- Excellent leadership skills
This role is a ‘controlled function’ as defined by the Central Bank Reform Act 2010 Regulations 2011. Any appointment will be conditional on the company being satisfied that the appointee meets the requirements as set out in the Fitness and Probity standards issued by the Central Bank. This requires the company to complete prescribed due diligence to assess the appointee’s fitness and probity.