Position Summary: The systems engineer provides the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support that benefit the company.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software. (30%)
2. Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems. (30%)
3. Troubleshoots at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices, at the logical level working with communication protocols. (20%)
4. Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks. (10%)
5. Maintains network infrastructure standards. (5%)
6. Provides technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by director. (5%)
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Stress Management/Composure.
5. Customer/Client Focus.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
1. B.A. in information systems or equivalent experience.
2. Four to six years of experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance.
3. Extensive working knowledge of PCs, network hardware, operating systems and software.
Preferred Education & Experience
1. Technology Certification
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Senior management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and is not intended to change or modify the at-will nature of your employment.