Position Summary: The technical support analyst position acts as primary interface to the computing services customers that are supported by the information technology and resources department to effect real time problem analysis and resolutions.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Works directly with customers to provide services and help resolve computing problems.
2. Uses discretion to effect timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime and prevent cost overruns.
3. Provides technical leadership and training for lower level technical support analysts.
4. Receives requests for computer technical assistance and problem resolution from company employees.
5. Collects detailed information to categorize request in order to determine method of resolution.
6. Exercises sound professional judgment in analysis of problem in order to: (1) attempt hardware/software solution by phone, or (2) decide proper level of maintenance required to solve problem.
7. Performs level I system administration functions.
8. Directs the activities of lower level technical support analysts to contribute to the overall performance of the help desk operation.
1. Technical Capacity.
3. Collaboration Skills.
4. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Problem Solving/Analysis.
6. Time Management.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
1. High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
2. Thorough knowledge of desktop and business/technical support systems.
3. Three years of experience in computer technology or computer services.
Preferred Education & Experience
1. Degree in computer science or related field.
2. Five years of concentrated experience in computer technology or computer services.
3. Linux/Windows administration skills.
4. Three years of experience in directing the work of others.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Senior management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and is not intended to change or modify the at-will nature of your employment.